ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hey....hello you lot. I'm pleased to see we have a lovely new home. This morning my blood glucose was a healthy 4.8 fasting. I'm ok with that number. Had my eye screening this morning too. How long does it take for these darn drops to completely wear off? I've got my sunglasses on right now, which admittedly makes me feel like a rock star. Wearing them indoors as I'm lying down, TV on, iPad & nibbly things to hand (salted popcorn is my treat today.) One is allowed to self indulge when one is a tad delicate. :happy:

View attachment 14628
I miss this poster. Her GIFs were great. Always put a smile on my face.
I wonder how her eye and feet check went?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I've been having much better before meal blood glucose readings recently. Blood glucose this evening was a mere 5.4. Jesus' prayers are truly working, as always! I'm really praying for @eldergarth, @Tinamarie and @ickihun, too. It's alarming what @eldergarth is going through. I'm turning my worries into prayers for him.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Thank you @JohnnyBaker87, Rons been in bed since 3pm . Got up at 6 he’s just having his tea. Salmon and vegetables . Again he’s been in pain all day. This morning his body was having spasms in bed . Not as bad as they usually are but still woke me .

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thx @JohnnyBaker87. My thoughts are with @eldergarth and @tina_marie too. They both have so much worry and difficulties which seem to be vaguely dealt with. I wish i could help them more. I'm no medical expert so God knows why Ron hasn't had some improvement. His meds seem inconsistant in providing relief.
I'm given buscupan for my muscular spasms with dihydrocodeine but mine is a trapped nerve and suspected gallstones. Awaiting a duplicate ultascan of one done over a year ago.
I tried co-codamol but I couldn't function well. My bgs and fitness levels suffered. I had noticeable worse nerve shooting spasmodic pains bad enough to take my breathe away. My walking was at times impossible. It was very depressing but back on dihydrocodeine and paracetamol and I've been out today.
Only benefit to suffering was my GP could pinpoint suspected gallstones. I felt hopeless.
Ive found pain relief that allows some mobility, for now.
I wish Ron could find something which works better for him.
Without any painkillers I had pain just moving my head but I must hv had an infection as antibiotics have helped.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi everyone just to let you all know . Ron is now refusing to eat or drink and just wants his life to end . He’s had it with everything , me included with my menopause mood swings but I’ve found tai chi it’s helping me a lot . Have had to force Ron to drink complan . He moaned but he’s so not himself . Have managed to give him a bed bath to which yet again I’ve done my back . So resting up now .

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone just to let you all know . Ron is now refusing to eat or drink and just wants his life to end . He’s had it with everything , me included with my menopause mood swings but I’ve found tai chi it’s helping me a lot . Have had to force Ron to drink complan . He moaned but he’s so not himself . Have managed to give him a bed bath to which yet again I’ve done my back . So resting up now .
OMG. I'm so sorry @tina_marie that Ron's health is very demanding, for you both. I can hear your frustration with it all. Can his care plan be reviewed?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
To be honest not sure if he has one yet . I finally got him to eat and drink , but now he has stomach cramps . Last night was a nightmare. He’d got up to go to the loo but couldn’t move after that . He said his legs felt like jelly. It was a slow pace getting him back into bed . We both ended up collapsing on it . Next his legs started to shake like they do with restless leg syndrome. 20 minutes it went on for . Now today they are very painful . To be honest he’s not getting much outside help . His next appointment is with pain management who deal with fibromyalgia. That’s not until 25th of next month , that’s if he can make it up there.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
November 25th will be Rons next hospital appointment for pain management for fibromyalgia.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
November 25th will be Rons next hospital appointment for pain management for fibromyalgia.
I'm having to wait 6+ weeks for a scan then a week to 10 days for GP to give me findings. All in agony or on opioids til a resolution. I hope not op complication. :nailbiting:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've now got a Nokia android smartphone and I've downloaded the DCUK forum app. I now test my blood sugar once a day as a before eating reading like nurse Christina advised me. She works at my diabetes community clinic. My blood sugar this morning, fasting, was 6.3 mmol.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I had an awesome blood sugar this morning, fasting, of 7.4 mmol. Spoke to my elderly old Dad on Messenger video chat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've now got a Nokia android smartphone and I've downloaded the DCUK forum app. I now test my blood sugar once a day as a before eating reading like nurse Christina advised me. She works at my diabetes community clinic. My blood sugar this morning, fasting, was 6.3 mmol.
Wow. That's fantastic @JohnnyBaker87.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've been having a bit higher before meals fasting blood glucose readings in the last couple of days. They've been in the 8s. It could have been because I changed the once weekly day of administration of my dulaglutide 1.5 my injection. I'm keeping a fasting blood glucose diary now like the diabetes nurse advised me to

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My before eating blood glucose reading this morning was 9.1 mmol. Another assisted living facility opportunity has evolved in New Cross in South East London as respite care initially whilst keeping my independent living council flat going. Today I ate a bowl of Weetabix for my breakfast and later on a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich and special fried Chinese rice with chicken.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Still the same , nothing changes @ickihun. Rons still not sleeping . Depression is up and down . Anxiety is causing problems , can’t go to places if there crowded . He’s in a lot of pain when walking but since he’s stopped certain meds the swelling in his legs have gone . Still gets a racing heart beat but that seems to happen when anxiety strikes . He’s mainly bored weather not helping .