First 6 month HbA1c result

bayleaf02

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, This is my first post on the forum, have only been a lurker until now....

Was diagnosed with type 2 in April with an HbA1c of 52 mmol/mol. After seeing the Diabetic Nurse who told me that medication was not necessary at this point and to try to lose weight and watch what I eat, I began searching the internet to try to find answers to my problem and eventually found this site. After finding out about the low carb diet I gradually reduced the amount of carbs I have been eating and have now gone fully LCHF (although I do have a few cheat days now and again :()

Anyway, last week I had my first 6 monthly HbA1c and the result came back as 39 mmol/mol. I could not believe it ! I had expected maybe a slight improvement but this surpassed my expectations. Have also lost about 20 lbs without any effort :).

Thanks to all the contributors to this forum who share their experiences and knowledge. I will continue to hang around as I realise that this is an ongoing journey............

Reactions: Listlad

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What a great first post. Super result.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic achievements, very well done!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hi all, This is my first post on the forum, have only been a lurker until now....

Was diagnosed with type 2 in April with an HbA1c of 52 mmol/mol. After seeing the Diabetic Nurse who told me that medication was not necessary at this point and to try to lose weight and watch what I eat, I began searching the internet to try to find answers to my problem and eventually found this site. After finding out about the low carb diet I gradually reduced the amount of carbs I have been eating and have now gone fully LCHF (although I do have a few cheat days now and again :()

Anyway, last week I had my first 6 monthly HbA1c and the result came back as 39 mmol/mol. I could not believe it ! I had expected maybe a slight improvement but this surpassed my expectations. Have also lost about 20 lbs without any effort :).

Thanks to all the contributors to this forum who share their experiences and knowledge. I will continue to hang around as I realise that this is an ongoing journey............
Well done! I love the avatar!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done, congratulations!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic result! I hope your nurse is impressed?

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Brilliant result x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a great set of stats! You must feel on top of the world. Well done.