Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you. The narrator in the video I saw pronounced her name Henry-ETT RONN-er NIP. The narrator was not Dutch so I was just curious about the pronunciation (think of the different ways people pronounce Van Gogh and Picasso). :)
Please say the K in Knip!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Henriette can be pronounced in many different ways in the Netherlands, either French like, English like, a hybrid or mostly unlike any of those languages, so you'd have to ask her friends :)
My mothers name was Harriët, with the emphasis on the 'et' part and nor on 'Har' as in English. Rhymes with 'bar-brie-met', with a Scottish like 'r'.

Ronner rhymes with honour, again with the rolling r, and Knip with flip.

I don't like the painting, makes me think of Dolores Umbridge :hilarious:
Dolores gave us cat lovers a bad rap. ;) Meow!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Meow and a purr! Down with her!
t09012.gif
t09013.gif

@Antje77 I'm sorry you had that unpleasant reminder. I would never knowingly remind anyone of she-who-must-not-be-named.
t09028.gif
t09027.gif

And if anyone gives us cat lovers a bad rat we know what to do with it!

t09127.gif
m0204.gif
t09073.gif

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
She sure did! I do love cats, but will be forever weary of people having pictures of not-their-own-cats on their wall after reading that book, enforced by seeing the film.
And if anyone gives us cat lovers a bad rat we know what to do with it!

t09127.gif
m0204.gif
t09073.gif
My cat's love a bad rat. They're lucky I live in a rural area!

Am I the only idiot who edits an old post to only add in a comma when I read it back because someone answers it? And not even a necessary one but one that only aids the reading?

Reactions: SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Am I the only idiot who edits an old post to only add in a comma when I read it back because someone answers it? And not even a necessary one but one that only aids the reading?
No Antje I'm forever doing it I just can't help myself.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had an appointment with my neurologist today and it looks like no further reduction in prednisolone for me for the foreseeable future, but no increase either at the moment. And he has changed my appointments from 6 monthly to 3 monthly and want's me to see a speech therapist great 69 years of age and have to learn to speak properly again.

Cripes just edited to insert comma.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I had an appointment with my neurologist today and it looks like no further reduction in prednisolone for me for the foreseeable future, but no increase either at the moment. And he has changed my appointments from 6 monthly to 3 monthly and want's me to see a speech therapist great 69 years of age and have to learn to speak properly again.

Cripes just edited to insert comma.
How are we supposed to choose a rating for this one? Can't choose between 'hug', 'informative', 'optimistic', 'creative', and 'funny'. And that for such a short message.

What's with the speech?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Some times it's hard to understand when I speak MG messes up every thing..

If you are not feeling at your happiest may be this video will cheer you up.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very sweet and cheering video!
And very sorry to hear about your troubles with speech. Happy to see MG doesn't mess with writing eloquently though!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She sure did! I do love cats, but will be forever weary of people having pictures of not-their-own-cats on their wall after reading that book, enforced by seeing the film.

My cat's love a bad rat. They're lucky I live in a rural area!

No, you are not. ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I chanced upon Johnson's Journey To the Western Islands of Scotland tonight, via my Nook, at open library.com. As soon as I read that he had been wanting to visit them, I realized I had found a kindred soul, also because he found a pleasant traveling companion , in Mr Boswell. I want to travel so much, and to have a good traveling companion, that I thought, I must read this book. I have just enjoyed reading about the old woman they met who lives in a vault in St Andrew's, and 'spins a thread and enjoys the company of her cat,' and is no trouble to anyone. I need to realize I am better off living in my 'loft' than in a vault where there would possibly be spiders ( which she might not mind, being a relative by marriage of Robert the Bruce, and her cat could catch).

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
When in the RAF Stornoway was a regular destination so have been there a few times even been diving in the sea there when Sub-Aqua was a hobby.

On a holiday trip a few years ago before they built the bridge I managed to put my motor home in a ditch on the Isle of Skye miles and miles from Portree took hours for a tow truck to arrive but despite that Skye was a fantastic place to be.

Reactions: Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Grandson had an exam at university this morning. the exam question was discuss the effects of de-industrialization on developing and developed economies at some time into the exam the power tripped and they had to complete the exam writing in the dark. I thought how apt.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Invent a new drug and then try to charge patients 100K a year for it. How evil can a company get? Thank heaven for the compromise.

I like your new avatar, @JohnEGreen . I have just been reading a series of whodunits that feature a clock expert antiques dealer and I bet he would have enjoyed seeing your avatar pic too.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That's a steampunk owl neat isn't it. Got fed up with looking at my daft face all the time on here.

My nephew has CF my wife's cousin's lad died at 24 years of age because of it the gene is carried in my wife's family so that drug no matter the price I see as good news even though the company may be evil in what it charges for it.