What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely! I wonder whatever happened to our virtual ensemble -- I think it was up to a quartet or quintet last I "heard" ...

h28011.gif
h25001.gif
h25028.gif
h3327.gif
h07035.gif
h07075.gif
h07116.gif
Ha if you want any dancers thats my style lol.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, you’ve reiterated the advice the vet gave too, about adding water to his food.

I did think about you yesterday as my daughter was in a terrible state having finally found the courage to give her cat ( called Cat) up for adoption. She’s had her nearly 10yrs and has been her closest pal and confidant all through adolescence and relationship break ups - they have a very special bond. However the flat she’s living in now ( in which pets aren’t actually allowed but she pleaded with the Landlord) just isn’t a good place for Cat - it’s on a main road so she’s frightened to let her out and it’s not very big. She’s been trying everything for the past year - those plug in Feliway things, making a hidden cosy nest. They’ve looked and looked for other flats too but can’t afford anything with a garden. Cat is getting more and more poorly, her skin is flaking and scabby and she’s just miserable. If it weren’t for Dennis we’d have her here but she is very very nervous and doesn’t like dogs, or many people. It’s so hard and it’s breaking my daughter’s heart but she’s said, and we all agree, that she has to put Cat’s well-being before her own feelings. We are hoping she will find a kind lady to care for her.
I did think of sending you a PM but now Plumpy has happily come back into your life I know it wouldn’t work.
Ah so difficult for all of you re Cat but especially your daughter. If Cat is fretting that much in the flat and is of a nervous disposition then like you say some difficult decisions for her welfare must be made. Heartbreaking.
Dennis looks gorgeous and seems to be recovering well. The water bowl is an odd one but maybe treat everytime he uses it? Dont know about dogs though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah so difficult for all of you re Cat but especially your daughter. If Cat is fretting that much in the flat and is of a nervous disposition then like you say some difficult decisions for her welfare must be made. Heartbreaking.
Dennis looks gorgeous and seems to be recovering well. The water bowl is an odd one but maybe treat everytime he uses it? Dont know about dogs though.

That’s a thought! Treat when he’s had a drink! Good idea thank you I’ll try it. It’s so odd.
Thanks for the understanding comments re Cat too.
How are you today? Haven’t looked back on the thread yet but I hope your eyes are ok now?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm helping on a stall in Conwy next weekend. To help public health collaboration. With a low carb advocate (Dr Joanne McCormack).

http://www.showmewales.co.uk/thedms.aspx?dms=3&feature=1020&venue=1035166

I've just asked what it is we are selling. The reply had me in hysterics. Anyone that knows me knows I can barely find the kitchen never mind cook. KISS keep it simple stupid for me.

So this is what I will be doing:

'What’s the stall about, it’s about buying real food - from other stalls- and cooking with it with the help of books and info from our stall. We have been given cookery books that can be sold in aid of the Public Health Collaboration. Some are from the Harcombe Diet company. Others are by David Unwin & the Caldesis. There are also books by the X-pert programme for diabetes'

Poor Dr McCormack really doesnt know what she has got herself roped into. Who knows, by the end if the day I might just be able to cook!! Miracles do happen.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm helping on a stall in Conwy next weekend. To help public health collaboration. With a low carb advocate (Dr Joanne McCormack).

I've just asked what it is we are selling. The reply had me in hysterics. Anyone that knows me knows I can barely find the kitchen never mind cook. KISS keep it simple stupid for me.

'What’s the stall about, it’s about buying real food - from other stalls- and cooking with it with the help of books and info from our stall. We have been given cookery books that can be sold in aid of the Public Health Collaboration. Some are from the Harcombe Diet company. Others are by David Unwin & the Caldesis. There are also books by the X-pert programme for diabetes'

Poor Dr McCormack really doesnt know what she has got herself roped into. Who knows, by the end if the day I might just be able to cook!! Miracles do happen.
Good on you Deb...just tell them all the LC meals you can do with the humble egg ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a thought! Treat when he’s had a drink! Good idea thank you I’ll try it. It’s so odd.
Thanks for the understanding comments re Cat too.
How are you today? Haven’t looked back on the thread yet but I hope your eyes are ok now?
Thank you much better this evening....looks a fright and feels sore but tons better than yesterday.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sock it to ‘em Deb! Who cares if you don’t like cooking, your enthusiasm and lovely nature is far more important.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am happy to report a lovely low 5.4 at 4:15 this afternoon. I'm glad to know my body can still manage a decent low despite its recent FBG morning readings.

@Muddy Cyclist I looked all over for a mandolin earlier but could not find one. I did find what I thought was a pair of dueling banjos but maybe it is you sitting by the window (@jjraak and Lauren of Arabia's very bright and shiny new kitchen window with mirrors!)

m0839.gif
m0848.gif
m0803.gif
m0855.gif
m0832.gif
m0802.gif
m0805.gif

I could not find a bass recorder either but if I can manage on the drums after all these years I bet you could take over on string bass.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have to say the humongous cars fit in well with fenland and breckland natives transport. Can't see how one could move safely around some of these parts in winter without a very sturdy 4 x 4.

I'm glad they fit in well. And I know I am a hypocrite about the big Escalades and Explorers and Humvees, because my own lifetime dream transport is this:

P1120060.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.2 at 4 am. Pleased with this and surprised, I arrived home hungry after last night gig and ate cheese and nuts followed by yoghurt and seeds at 1am.

I could not find a bass recorder either but if I can manage on the drums after all these years I bet you could take over on string bass.
I can play a bass guitar, but not at the same time as a banjo, I'm a man, can't multitask :)

I'm glad they fit in well. And I know I am a hypocrite about the big Escalades and Explorers and Humvees, because my own lifetime dream transport is this:

P1120060.jpg
I gave an optimistic because we used to call them "Bonnet Ups" mainly because whenever they stopped owners would open the bonnet to look at the engine, we used to think they were checking all the bits were still there :) Terribly built vehicles.

Another day of music fo Mrs MC and I. No rest for the wicked.

Hugs to those under the weather, for those feeling spiffing fill your day with pleasure.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the hug @Muddy Cyclist it is needed as you have just shattered the illusions of 49 years! The cutest botanist of the '70s had a red and cream one, the first Land Rover I ever knew, my first fall quarter at college, that converted me from VW vans and Beetles.
Shoot durn.
;)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after a frantic two weeks I went off to bed so tired but safe in the knowledge I could have a lay in this morning...none of that to bed at 00:30...up at 02:30 then 6am...nothing for it but to get that coffee done & press on with my day...out to lunch with Siobhan & Georgia...tomorrow off to hopefully rescue a homeless kitty then a couple of days at home...woke to a 6.2

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Sleep eluded last night because of neuropathy pains in my feet and toes like a gremlin firing bullets from inside my body.

And then there’s the bathroom that keeps calling my name out in the night...

Sigh...

It’s Sunday. My wall thermometer linked to outside tells me 99% humidity out there...

I have just put an order in for some sun...

Happy Sunday...

And hugs from the basket of sleep hugs which will put us all back on track for sleep tonight...

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967