Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 have a lovely time in Northumberland. We stayed in Seahouses for our wedding anniversary last December. Had lovely weather and great walks along empty beaches. Never been to Lindisfarne but am reading a book at the moment that is set there. Lots of murders, so take care. Hope you see some good birds. We go on our annual 10 days to North Norfolk on Friday and husband already has his bird goals written down.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, diabetes was stable all night so I’m very happy to wake up on 5.6. But I am screaming because work want me in today, not a few hours but the entire day. :( I’ve looked into more comfy shoes but I feel that solves a small part of the feet ache issue.

Reactions: Marie 2

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, diabetes was stable all night so I’m very happy to wake up on 5.6. But I am screaming because work want me in today, not a few hours but the entire day. :( I’ve looked into more comfy shoes but I feel that solves a small part of the feet ache issue.
My wife does 13 hr shifts constantly on her feet.
Hotter or Ecco shoes are her go to shoes for comfort.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@smc4761 have a lovely time in Northumberland. We stayed in Seahouses for our wedding anniversary last December. Had lovely weather and great walks along empty beaches. Never been to Lindisfarne but am reading a book at the moment that is set there. Lots of murders, so take care. Hope you see some good birds. We go on our annual 10 days to North Norfolk on Friday and husband already has his bird goals written down.
I'm envious of you going to Norfolk @becca59 it's supposed to be a birding paradise

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

A cheaper option than new shoes (in the interim.) could be cushioned gel insoles? Which can be cut to fit exsisting footwear.

Which may help?

Reactions: therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon, I have been busy out in the garden, as it's a lovely sunny day. Just had lunch and watching an old Carry on film, Carry On Cabby :hilarious:
Hope you are all having a great Sunday :)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I just found out I had locked one of the cats in the spare room for a whole day. I profusely apologised while he attacked his food bowl like he hadn't eaten in a week. Sorry Maartje, didn't mean to lock you in.

Best friend is due to give birth in 10 days and I'm invited to the birth, very exciting! Getting really close now :)

Aawww, poor cat, I bet he was so pleased to see you and I'm sure you're forgiven :cat:

I have had 3 children and only once could my other half be there, so there may be changes during the labour, but what an experience for you and I hope all goes well :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aawww, poor cat, I bet he was so pleased to see you and I'm sure you're forgiven :cat:
He spent all of the evening on my lap. Usually he comes by to say hello a couple of times and then goes away again to do cat things.
75242273_10218782703273010_277687068958654464_n.jpg

I have had 3 children and only once could my other half be there, so there may be changes during the labour, but what an experience for you and I hope all goes well :)
Thank you!
The only experience I have with birth is when the dog gave birth, and I was very impressed by that.
I think being invited to a birth is something very, very special. I expect this will be the only time I'll get to experience this.

Of course I'll tell you all about it when my new favourite person has arrived!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Two gigs, two nights running, and I bet my eggcups are cooler than your eggcups :D

D9225907-0880-445E-87E6-EBB774B07E89.jpeg

Sugars running ok except for a hypo in the night and no alarms due to a Libre and therefore Loop failure. Hey ho. Woke up, took a couple of dextro tabs and went back to sleep. Had a major sweat on so didn’t bother doing a blood test, felt properly low for the first time in ages. It happens. T1 life, innit?

Got a full day of studying planned, which is why I’m fannying around on the internet, obvs :rolleyes: Might go upstairs and get my CPR kit out and have a run through of my practicals. My issue is that I hate role play; acting is not my forte. I can do all the things in actual patients, it’s just the fakery of doing it on a doll. An unconcious person gurgles, you use suction to clear the airway - dolls don’t do that, but you have to remember to do it with no cue. And under exam stress, that’s when you forget things. I’m just hoping my brain will just click into the zone like it does when I’m dealing with real people. Gah. Just want it over and done with tbh.

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, I purchased insoles but I am also looking at shoes. My shoes aren’t waterproof so it’s dangerous if anyone accidentally spilled something. Unfortunately ya girl hypoed at the start of chaotic lunch hour. You can say I was very confused at least customers were nice. I called my mum to ask why am I not a natural smiley person. I’m not miserable but I do have a very resting B face. (Bf’s friend said I looked extremely angry when we had food together.) A customer told me to smile but my mind was like this is my serious work look. I can’t smile, it’ll be force smiling. I’m thinking like the joker type forced smile

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@LooperCat . A lovely pair of egg cups.
You are without doubt the only person I know who could post a picture of two eggs in two egg cups and still manage to get something PURPLE in shot.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@LooperCat . A lovely pair of egg cups.
You are without doubt the only person I know who could post a picture of two eggs in two egg cups and still manage to get something PURPLE in shot.
Tbf, in this house it’s hard NOT to get something purple in the shot.:rolleyes:

Now avoiding revision by baking.

Reactions: SueJB

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon, I have been busy out in the garden, as it's a lovely sunny day. Just had lunch and watching an old Carry on film, Carry On Cabby :hilarious:
Hope you are all having a great Sunday :)
I think I’ve seen all the Carry On Films.
Top 5.
1. Cruising.
2. Behind.
3. Camping.
4. Convenience
5. Cabbie.
Notable mentions. Sargent, Teacher, Constable.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB it is indeed good for birds. Though to be honest I go for the lovely walks along empty beaches. We were born on the east coast and spent our formative years close to the sea in Lincolnshire, but moved 30 years ago and are now in the middle of the country. For holidays we nearly always gravitate to the sea.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB it is indeed good for birds. Though to be honest I go for the lovely walks along empty beaches. We were born on the east coast and spent our formative years close to the sea in Lincolnshire, but moved 30 years ago and are now in the middle of the country. For holidays we nearly always gravitate to the sea.
I love the sea but wouldn't want to live on the coast. I like to spend some of my holihos by the sea but not the whole time. I like a bit of mix and match. I love birds and am chuffed with the number of birds who come to visit. We're members of the RSPB but haven't made enough of our membership this year which is sad.