HbA1c at 8 months for T2 by diet/exercise only

VMK

Well, it’s been a real learning experience since my T2 diagnosis in Feb/Mar this year. This was a complete shock as I have never been above 10 stones in weight all my life (pregnancy excepted).

So -
HbA1c:
Feb over 50
March 48
July 43
October 41 - yay!

I have achieved this by following the advice on this forum. I have been cutting carbs but not totally. I have aimed for less than 50g per day, rising to 100 on ‘off’ days. I bought myself a BG monitor and used it to see how certain foods affect my glucose levels. A slight issue is that I am now only 120 lbs which is at the very low end of my recommended BMI but I seem to have stabilised at this weight now by increasing my fat intake.

I hope this doesn’t seem like I’m showing off as it’s been a complete roller coaster at times with occasional BG spikes of over 12 mmol/l !

All I can say is thank you all on this forum as the diet sheet I received at diagnosis from my GP was for a high carb, low fat diet!! I hope the results achieved by those of us following LCHF will influence official advice given by GPs. I made sure my GP and diabetic nurse were aware of how I have brought down my HbA1c.

Anyway, I now need to stay focussed.......

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations! Not showing off at all, we need people to tell their success stories to encourage others.

Reactions: VMK

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, it’s been a real learning experience since my T2 diagnosis in Feb/Mar this year. This was a complete shock as I have never been above 10 stones in weight all my life (pregnancy excepted).

So -
HbA1c:
Feb over 50
March 48
July 43
October 41 - yay!

I have achieved this by following the advice on this forum. I have been cutting carbs but not totally. I have aimed for less than 50g per day, rising to 100 on ‘off’ days. I bought myself a BG monitor and used it to see how certain foods affect my glucose levels. A slight issue is that I am now only 120 lbs which is at the very low end of my recommended BMI but I seem to have stabilised at this weight now by increasing my fat intake.

I hope this doesn’t seem like I’m showing off as it’s been a complete roller coaster at times with occasional BG spikes of over 12 mmol/l !

All I can say is thank you all on this forum as the diet sheet I received at diagnosis from my GP was for a high carb, low fat diet!! I hope the results achieved by those of us following LCHF will influence official advice given by GPs. I made sure my GP and diabetic nurse were aware of how I have brought down my HbA1c.

Anyway, I now need to stay focussed.......
Showing off? YOU DID A GREAT JOB! That's something you should shout from the rooftops! :) Congratulations!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
GREAT JOB! Well done VMK.

See my signature for some more inspiration.
Keep taking your readings and keep on with the LCHF way of eating.

It is easy to slip back in to the old ways...

For me Low Carb and High Fat meals are my whole way of eating now.
No chocolate biscuits, no cakes, no crisps, hardly any alcohol. No potatoes, no rice, no grains, no pulses.

It is just a matter of controlling your mind and body to whole new way of life.

I have never had a problem with my weight thankfully. I have a perfect BMI.
My wake up call was a having readings consistently in the mid twenties ARGGGGGH!
now my 90 day average is 6.1 and still falling Woop Woop!

This site and more importantly it's members have been a huge source of inspiration and advice based on real people having real results... In real time, if you chose to follow the posts.

I have been busy since the Summer and have not been reading or posting, I need to rectify that.
This site and its members is/are a font of knowledge, and literally a life saver.
Po

VMK

GREAT JOB! Well done VMK.

See my signature for some more inspiration.
Keep taking your readings and keep on with the LCHF way of eating.

It is easy to slip back in to the old ways...

For me Low Carb and High Fat meals are my whole way of eating now.
No chocolate biscuits, no cakes, no crisps, hardly any alcohol. No potatoes, no rice, no grains, no pulses.

It is just a matter of controlling your mind and body to whole new way of life.

I have never had a problem with my weight thankfully. I have a perfect BMI.
My wake up call was a having readings consistently in the mid twenties ARGGGGGH!
now my 90 day average is 6.1 and still falling Woop Woop!

This site and more importantly it's members have been a huge source of inspiration and advice based on real people having real results... In real time, if you chose to follow the posts.

I have been busy since the Summer and have not been reading or posting, I need to rectify that.
This site and its members is/are a font of knowledge, and literally a life saver.
Po

I second that! Although I was not overweight pre-diagnosis, breakfast was cereal and toast, mid morning biscuit, lunch of sandwiches and crisps, afternoon cake, then evening meal of 50% potatoes/rice or similar. I look back on that with amazement now......

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am sure you like me would feel the detrimental affect of eating like that now.

People do not know how ill they 'feel' until they begin feeling 'normal' again.
I feel twenty years younger. This is not me over egging the pudding, I truly do!

Pudding Mmmm! "NO! No, I do not miss pudding" he lied.
Po

Reactions: ziggy_w and VMK

VMK

I am sure you like me would feel the detrimental affect of eating like that now.

People do not know how ill they 'feel' until they begin feeling 'normal' again.
I feel twenty years younger. This is not me over egging the pudding, I truly do!

Pudding Mmmm! "NO! No, I do not miss pudding" he lied.
Po

I do very very occasionally have a pudding and that’s when I spike (obviously) but my HbA1c proves that I’m ok with that.....

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I love puddings of all sorts
I allow myself one now and again, suit pud, spotted ****, (Richard) ginger pud, with lashings of extra thick cream (just to get my High fat content;)