Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
polish cabbage and mushroom dumplings.
hope it can be read.
72715206_427182084607015_5211548887885545472_n.jpg
I can't read the nutritional information very well, is that 29 grams of carbs? I can see the main ingredient is wheat flour... So if it's 29 grams per 100 grams, that's something I'd personally steer clear from. Sorry. :(

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well, it depyon what your carb target for the day is - so if you are going for 100g a day using just under 30 per meal is ok. I guess I’d be asking how many pierogi I get for those carbs, what I can eat with them and will it fill me up?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Simply put .. if you are attempting to lower the carbs in your diet then these really aren't good.
Aim for less than 10% carbs or even better less than 5% carbs in all your food.
You'll find that the majority of pre made food doesn't fit this criteria so may be better to cook from raw with fresh ingredients.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to avoid confusion @steve6 , maybe you could change the info on your profile to prediabetic. You currently have ‘Dont’ have diabetes’ under your avatar. You may get inappropriate info if people believe you aren’t diabetic.
On your question the only way to see if your body copes with the dumplings is to test your blood sugar, eat some dumplings and then test two hours later.

M

Member496333

It may also be worth considering that as a prediabetic you are less likely to see a large measurable spike as a direct result of eating individual foods. Importantly, the cumulative effect of putting glucose into your body will still be contributing to progression into the diabetes category if you're not careful.

Robin233

BANNED
polish cabbage and mushroom dumplings.
hope it can be read.
72715206_427182084607015_5211548887885545472_n.jpg

Pierogi, which looks like a pillow, is usually stuffed with cheese, potatoes, sauerkraut, mushrooms, meat or fruit. The combination of different fillings is endless, always bringing a delicious taste and being loved by the Polish people. Pre-diabetes patients can also eat pierogi, but it has no medical effect, it is just a delicious food.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pierogi, which looks like a pillow, is usually stuffed with cheese, potatoes, sauerkraut, mushrooms, meat or fruit. The combination of different fillings is endless, always bringing a delicious taste and being loved by the Polish people. Pre-diabetes patients can also eat pierogi, but it has no medical effect, it is just a delicious food.

Hi,

So spuds & fruit may also not do any favours to the carb conscious pre D? Which could have a BG effect.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...There's a lot of carbs in there. Carbs turn to glucose once ingested. The Dutch people also love their spuds a whole lot, and we have a variety of mashes with them. Doesn't mean that they don't have a "medical effect".

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are all different, can take different amount of carbs and chose different diets.
Whilst there are some guidelines, these are just guides.
It is best to work out what works for you - test, eat, test two hours later and see how much your BG has risen by,

The other thing to consider is how many you are going to eat and what you are going to eat them with.
10 pierogi on their own is likely to have a very different impact to one peirogi eaten with a large portion of meat.
I have been having 2 a day with my dinner. My dinner for the last few days has been boneless chicken, vegetables and 2 perogi.
Some calculations.
full package is 410 grams.
There are about 12 pierogi in the packet
30 grams of carbs per 100 gram.
so around 130 grams of carbs per pack.
so alittle over 10 grams per pierogi.
Reducing to 1 from tommorrow.

Last edited:

steve6

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I
Well, it depyon what your carb target for the day is - so if you are going for 100g a day using just under 30 per meal is ok. I guess I’d be asking how many pierogi I get for those carbs, what I can eat with them and will it fill me up?
Thank you.