Starting injections

artortrees

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been advised now that I need to move from oral medication to injections and have first referral appointment on 4/11. Can anyone recommend any literature or links I can read to inform myself before the appointment? Or any advice would be very much appreciated

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
From experience I can say that I was started on insulin and stopped... please see my signature

You may 'need' it perhaps... perhaps not!

The numbers are the acid test. I started a LCHF diet as you will see... My numbers stunned the consultant when he down loaded my stats I had to cut down my dose almost from day 1 as I keep getting readings below 4.

You know your own history and how well you are doing... or not doing!

I just wish to say it might give you the kick start you need to get back on track.
Others may say you should, others will say you should not. What do others know about you?

You are in control of your life. You have the power to achieve the levels that you need for a healthy, happy long life.
With meds if needed and without if you don't.

For me the aim was/is low Blood sugars (below 6) all the time, below 5 would be good but I try had to avoid any over 8, which I do most of the time. I know what foods to avoid because I was testing about 10 times a day and know how my levels will respond according the what I eat and what I do.

I hope you find 'your' way though to great outcome.
Po

Po