Fluctuating fbg levels

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 80 years old, and having type 2 diabetes form 30 years. My fbg levels are always fluctuating from 57 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl, for the same diet, and insulin dosage.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can’t comment on insulin usage, however I notice that you have post similarly several times about your fluctuating levels. Have you consulted your dr yet?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would concur with @Rachox, a review of your meds, dietary and exercise is much needed if your blood sugar levels are fluctuating.
I can only suggest that unless something different is going on with another condition affecting your diabetes meds, could be causing the big fluctuations.
Usually, with those results, it is insulin resistance, coupled with a weak insulin response to the glucose derived from a meal that causes the high spikes, until the meds kick in to lower the blood sugar levels.
Talk to your doctor.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 80 years old, and having type 2 diabetes form 30 years. My fbg levels are always fluctuating from 57 mg/dl to 140 mg/dl, for the same diet, and insulin dosage.

Hello,

"140mg/dl" is about 7.8mmol.? Which isn't that bad, though the lows are concerning...

I notice you are prescribed a "mixed insulin?" Does the vial or cartridge need agitating prior to injecting? If so, are you following this procedure adequately??

Suz2

I'm 63 and stress really bothers my levels a lot. Don't know your situation, but my input.