What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that Ian. Even though I can't eat what I bake, I still enjoy doing it. I have always baked and then enjoyed others enjoying the product rather than eaten it myself. Same with other cooking. As far as I am aware, I have 3 talents: cooking, baking and making a fool of myself. If people enjoy my food, or if they laugh at me rather than at someone else - I've had a good day.:happy:
From what I can gather you have a portfolio of talents well beyond those. Self-deprecation being one. Wonderful Grandmother and mother stands out, easy to see from what I have read excellent lecturer/teacher, valuable member of your local community and this one. Not to mention your inherent talent/value as a human being. No, you weren't pompous or humblebragging either.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B= tea - 800 mls with h/m almond milk then most of 1 pint same way then ate skinny bread toast ( 35 gms?) and 50 gms epoisses 3 hrs later; 2 x Latte in travel mug @ supermaket; L (@ 3.30) CCB; Evening = remains of celeriac duaphinoise (heated), cold chicken , broccoli and l/c(ish) tommy K - to make that edible. Odd day but what I ate was okay.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Yet again I’m way behind and not caught up on posts at all.

Work meetings in Manchester today and just on the train home now. Scored a cheap upgrade to first class using a previously unknown app called Seatfrog so enjoyed a breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled egg.

Lunch was from M&S - Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and pork crackling.

Dinner was Five Guys bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions. Also stopped by Aldi and picked up some of the nut bars often discussed on here. Pretty good - taste just like the Kind bars I’ve tried and far fewer carbs. BG dropped after eating. Looking forward to some cheese which has just been announced as one of the dessert options over the tannoy on the train.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi after a higherthan desirable fbg after a frugal lc day (hey ho)
Today: slice LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: cauliflower & cheese soup, small h/g apple.
Supper: tenderstem brocolli & 2 giant codfishfingers (have been wanting them for the last several days ideally in a white bread sandwick with salad cream but thats not advisable so hope this fix will get it out of my system, for a while) o_O

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just coffee until lunchtime then had 2 chipolatas with a chaffle! (Made in my new Aldi waffle &toasted sandwich maker) pretty good. Slice of the Dr Almond stollen with butter, cuppa tea.
Dinner: Feta and spinach omelette with avocado and 2 cherry toms. Another slice of buttered stollen.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Linner: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding with LC chocolate granola.
Late afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: mature cheddar and mushroom omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
From what I can gather you have a portfolio of talents well beyond those. Self-deprecation being one. Wonderful Grandmother and mother stands out, easy to see from what I have read excellent lecturer/teacher, valuable member of your local community and this one. Not to mention your inherent talent/value as a human being. No, you weren't pompous or humblebragging either.

Aw shucks!:)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Late day at work and unfortunately an early morning at work too. So, just a quick post today.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Ox cheeks in a celeriac, carrot, spring onion sauce. Spiced red cabbage. Two small homemade low-carb brownie squares.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack in the afternoon: Two brazil nuts and a package of chicken cracklings.

Dinner late at home: Half a DD keto roll with garlic mayonnaise and smoked sockeye salmon. A small brownie square. A slice of soft cheese. Two glasses of red wine.

Had most of the carbs during breakfast, but still managed to stay under 20g for the day.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Barbequed bush kill rib bones.
Dinner: Rump steak, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual c&m omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, water.

Just got a email from my online shop five times reward points on over 250 types of cheeses till November 7, gunna be stocking up on a lot of these.
Dwe01us.gif

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productgroup/2510-0711-edm-cheese-5x-points

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Evening all. Yet again I’m way behind and not caught up on posts at all.

Work meetings in Manchester today and just on the train home now. Scored a cheap upgrade to first class using a previously unknown app called Seatfrog so enjoyed a breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled egg.
awesome about the free upgrade nothing like first class

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but didn’t remember about it until I was thinking about tonight’s dinner. It’s a very low carb ‘pasta’ from Aldi. Doesn’t have the same taste or texture as white pasta - it’s more like wholemeal and you need quite a robust sauce with it. View attachment 36335View attachment 36336
Looks interesting

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It wasn’t bad, but has a slightly leathery texture. I’d have it again if I had an urge for pasta, makes a huge portion though. I’d halve the recommended serving size, it’s quite filling. It does need lots of sauce to my mind.

Haven’t tried it myself but a friend has posted on Facebook that strips of Joseph’s Lavash bread (v low carb) do a good job as a lasagne substitute.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Last few meals on Wednesday made an omelette with left over egg whites I cooked some bacon tomato mushrooms spices garlic together and added it to my omelet I had a few bites but then felt like I was unable to eat it and felt a tad nauseas. So I ended up making a fruit shake with almond/coconut milk. Did some digging in the garden and next minute staring down at what I think was a funnel web spider. I think I killed it with the shaval but haven't been digging since. I went to see my GP for my yearly medical driver's review and discussed everything else except foegot to ask about my T2D medication mmm. At dinner had left over smoothie so had that.
Thursday I had a few bites of left over omelet and 1/4 DD breadroll with black coffee. I went up the road as had an appointment with an ophthalmologist my GP panicked and referred me to see him as one eye is long distance and the other is short distance but the ophthalmologist was happy with my eyes no diabetes no cataracts everything looks good. Came home and made another smoothie. Went out for Dinner to meet up with my crohns and colitis group it was a nice catch up but one of my friends is not doing well her crohns is sever I pray that one day she can get remission. I have sever UC and we've both done pretty much the same treatments and never really been in remission. Dinner bot much to choose from typical hotel meals so had chicken schnitzel some chips and salad And a G&T Ate half was lovely catching up then we said our farewells until next catch up. I came home and ate some liquorice.
Breakfast today had a slice of my pumpkin bread with butter and coffee quite hot today hit 34c so mainly chilled indoors today. Dinner I found leftover frozen pork ribs so been slowly reheating them in my slow cooker I'm not a fan of reheating meats so hopefully it tastes ok. I also combined some cream cheese thick cream raspberries bone gelatin with stevia it's in the fridge to chill so see how I'm traveling if I feel like need it.
20191023_164638.jpeg
1571986143562.jpeg

Attachments

• 1571986228200.jpeg
    1571986228200.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Linner: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding with LC chocolate granola.
Late afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: mature cheddar and mushroom omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola.

Is this just shredded raw broccoli and cauli or do you add anything to it?

Thanks!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Goonergal have made similar tasty messes in supposedly non stick pan recently with eggs, mushrooms and cheese
Missed several days, not sure memory will be accurate. So working backwards.
Yesterday 24-10-19
Visit to Whipsnade Zoo. A first for MrSlim.
Breakfast double helping of nut granola and 2 splashes of milk. 2x tea.
Tea.
Lunch. Ploughmans with ham, three cheeses, pickled vegetables( horrible and vinegary) one slice wholemeal bread. Ate about three quarters of the slice. Glass of wine and one of water.
Water when we got in.
Dinner mixed seafood and fish pie. My brother put mashed cauliflower on my portion. Fish part had spinach and tiny bit of sauce. Steamed carrots, mangetout and remains of roast veg fron yesterday, tinned sweetcorn. Didnt have any of the potatoes. Dessert. For me raspberries and cream. For them cheesecake. Far too much wine. Tea.
23-10-19
Breakfast. Yoghurt and raspberries. Egg mushroom and cheese mess. 2x Tea.
Later tea and Italian cake. Some sort of pistachio cream filled pastry roll. Looked like a canelloni. Not very sweet.
No lunch
Dinner. Haddock with spinach, cheese sauce and an egg on top. Roast veggies. Asparagus, and brocolli. No potatoes for me. Dessert. Caved and had small slice lemon tart - but left all the pastry. Several glasses of wine and water. Bedtime tea.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
22-10-19 (tuesday) is that the right date?
No breakfast. Water only.
Lloyds chemist for blood test.
Cholesterol 5.2. Subtract good makes it 2.3
Fasting BG 5.6. Disappointing as had thought it was going to be HbA1c. Now will have to get that done in France.
11.30ish yoghurt with cream( both needed using up) couple of slices of cheese and one of ham.
Lunch. One slice toast with mackeral in tomato sauce.
Tea and more tea.
Dinner visiting Indian friends. She has made specially for me wholemeal chappaties because I don't eat a lot of rice!
Chicken curry, biryani, and a delicious yoghurt raita. Poppadums and prawn chutney. Did have some rice- unavoidable with biryani and about half a poppadum. Had to have a chappati as well so most carby meal for ages. Our friend was most appologetic that there was nothing sweet for afterwards. Dont think she was convinced by us both declaring ourselves too full to eat more. Water to drink.
Bedtime tea.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t tried it myself but a friend has posted on Facebook that strips of Joseph’s Lavash bread (v low carb) do a good job as a lasagne substitute.

Just looked that up, I hadn’t heard of it before, sounds interesting and a lot less faff that the DD psyllium husk one ( although I do like that and I expect it’s lower carb). I hadn’t I heard of your seatfrog app either- that sounds brilliant!