Humulin I at asda

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been to asda to pick up insulin and freestyle sensor, I can't get the sensor from anywhere else. Unfortunately they cant supply the insulin. ALL of their suppliers are showing out of stock. Going on holiday on Saturday for 2 weeks. Might just have enough to scrape through, but doesn't leave me with a spare pen just in case.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Can you speak to your surgery about an emergency prescription for a different pharmacy? Then call around?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been to asda to pick up insulin and freestyle sensor, I can't get the sensor from anywhere else. Unfortunately they cant supply the insulin. ALL of their suppliers are showing out of stock. Going on holiday on Saturday for 2 weeks. Might just have enough to scrape through, but doesn't leave me with a spare pen just in case.

Well I certainly wouldn't leave it at that. Contact your surgery and speak to the Doctor, they will get you your insulin from somewhere. x

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waiting for surgery to get back to me, may have to ring them back in the morning. Receptionist said they would sort me out.

Reactions: Diakat

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Unfortunately they cant supply the insulin. ALL of their suppliers are showing out of stock.

I'm very sorry to hear of your problems in obtaining your prescription for Insulin. If I was in their shoes, I'd be panicking, were they. It's not as if it's asprin or even cocodomol, or any other drug where going without for a while would be inconvenient and not deadly serious.

I hope you get it sorted, maybe even take a prescription with you to buy on holiday, although you obviously need it before you go.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is getting ridiculous. They gave me the number of the manufacturer's and told me to ring them, of course the switchboard is closed. I will ring in the morning but all I need is a paper prescription that I can hawk around town or Penrith next week.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is getting ridiculous. They gave me the number of the manufacturer's and told me to ring them, of course the switchboard is closed. I will ring in the morning but all I need is a paper prescription that I can hawk around town or Penrith next week.

Could you ring around the pharmacies, then hopefully, when you find one with it in, have your surgery send the prescription across electronically? Do it the other way around?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will ring around the pharmacies, whether they will send the electronic prescription tomorrow is a whole other matter. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they said it would be Monday or Tuesday. May have to dial back on what I have to try and eek it out.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Worked out a strategy for tomorrow. Going to phone the manufacturers. Mike going to Asda, we will probably go to the surgery. Will phone around the various pharmacies. Will try and get an emergency prescription. If it is not available until next week, then so be it. It will be a 4 hour round trip to collect a prescription but hey ho.

The stress of this caused the steroid tremmors to go off the charts but this has tailed off. only took about 3 hours. Thankfully, managed to pour a glass of the red stuff without spilling.

I will report back tomorrow with anything useful. I really need this stuff, it really helps keep by BG under control with these pesky scumbag steroids, but I would give them up in a heartbeat if a T1 needed them.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Worked out a strategy for tomorrow. Going to phone the manufacturers. Mike going to Asda, we will probably go to the surgery. Will phone around the various pharmacies. Will try and get an emergency prescription. If it is not available until next week, then so be it. It will be a 4 hour round trip to collect a prescription but hey ho.

The stress of this caused the steroid tremmors to go off the charts but this has tailed off. only took about 3 hours. Thankfully, managed to pour a glass of the red stuff without spilling.

I will report back tomorrow with anything useful. I really need this stuff, it really helps keep by BG under control with these pesky scumbag steroids, but I would give them up in a heartbeat if a T1 needed them.

If necessary, you could have a paper prescription that you could take away with you and keep trying to source it? Do you have a hospital nearby where you could try their pharmacy too?

xfieldok - what do your surgery feel is to be achieved from calling the manufacturer?

Then,............ totally left field, if they (and/or you) can't source any humalog, would they maybe give you a script to try another insulin if you run out? If you're going to be in UK, you would at least still be to call if you need advice?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really hope you can find some. The stress of it all can't be doing clever things for your bloods, or anything else for that matter.
Not done anything for them this evening! Plenty of people in a worse state than me. Stiff upper lip and all that. Tomorrow may be chilled or hysterical! I will let you know.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Keep us posted. Hope all is cleared up today.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Picking up a prescription from the surgery this afternoon. No problems with supply according to Lilly.

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There does seem to be something odd happening in the supply chain at the moment. I picked up a prescription last night and both the people in the queue in front of me were sent away empty handed. Apparently 'the supplier was unable to source' whatever these people needed, despite both having been waiting more than a week.

Maybe people are stockpiling or my pharmacy is in financial trouble?

Shiba.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Insulin now resting in the fridge. Phew. OK folks, signing off for two weeks. Be good!

Reactions: Goonergal