Carnivore Corner

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are ever in Valencia... there's a brilliant food market.. full of meaty goodness..

Attachments

• IMG_2806.jpeg
    IMG_2806.jpeg
    501.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_2810.jpeg
    IMG_2810.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2809.jpeg
    IMG_2809.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2807.jpeg
    IMG_2807.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: Member496333
M

Member496333

Oh my goodness.

Lardons with salted & thinly sliced pork kidneys. All fried until crispy in heaps of butter. The juices from the kidney mix with the bacon fat and the butter to make a deliciously rich gravy packed with flavour. Dump the whole lot into a bowl on top of a bed of grated cheese and let it all melt together. And eat it :shifty:

An atom bomb of flavour and goodness in a bowl. It only took twenty minutes to prepare and cook, and I'm now thirty minutes younger than when I started, so I gained ten minutes :angelic:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness.

Lardons with salted & thinly sliced pork kidneys. All fried until crispy in heaps of butter. The juices from the kidney mix with the bacon fat and the butter to make a deliciously rich gravy packed with flavour. Dump the whole lot into a bowl on top of a bed of grated cheese and let it all melt together. And eat it :shifty:

An atom bomb of flavour and goodness in a bowl. It only took twenty minutes to prepare and cook, and I'm now thirty minutes younger than when I started, so I gained ten minutes :angelic:
Back to cooking eh? :sour:

M

Member496333

I don't expect many will be especially interested, but season 8 of Meat Eater is now up on Netflix.

M

Member496333

I didn’t know about seasons 1-7. I’ll be looking at this.

Nothing much to get too excited about, although personally I really enjoy it. It's not really about carnivore as such - more of a great outdoors, hunting in nature kind of thing. It does contain lots of killing and lots of eating, so definitely not recommended viewing for those of a vegetarian or vegan persuasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member496333

So I quit coffee again. Now seven days off the brown stuff and finding it much easier this time around. I'm now 100% bottled water and nothing else. It's actually quite enjoyable. In a sense, reminiscent of the liberating feeling of giving up all carbs. I no longer find myself wanting to drink something "just because". There's no reward cycle. I enjoy a drink only when I'm thirsty, and don't find myself an hour later wanting a hot cup of coffee for the sake of it or because "it's about time". All-in-all a very interesting experiment. Time will tell if I stick with it, but so far it feels a far more natural way of staying hydrated.

As you were :cool:

Reactions: bulkbiker

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I tried to listen to this and gave up as it was slow and I was in a hurry. Can you give me the gist of it please. Thanks.

M

Member496333

I tried to listen to this and gave up as it was slow and I was in a hurry. Can you give me the gist of it please. Thanks.

It's a pretty complicated subject that I wouldn't want to try to unravel in a few words.

M

Member496333

Anyone else double-yolk their scrambled eggs and omelettes? I've been using 2:1 yolk/white ratio in order to improve the fat vs. protein content. So for every whole egg used, I add the yolk of another. Seems like a good way to help maintain weight while not taking in more protein than I'd normally like. Also much richer due to the added yolkness. Scrummy yummy in my tummy :hungry:

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else double-yolk their scrambled eggs and omelettes? I've been using 2:1 yolk/white ratio in order to improve the fat vs. protein content. So for every whole egg used, I add the yolk of another. Seems like a good way to help maintain weight while not taking in more protein than I'd normally like. Also much richer due to the added yolkness. Scrummy yummy in my tummy :hungry:

Duck eggs Jim?

M

Member496333

Duck eggs Jim?

Generally not. I use duck eggs for gooey hard boiled, but tend to opt for regular chicken eggs for scrambled and omelettes. There's obviously some crossover depending on what I have in the house. Duck eggs are harder to come by, so I don't always have them 'in stock'. Plus they're more expensive so it seems a bit foolish to throw half of them away in the name of double-yolking :angelic:

Reactions: Speedbird