What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 today.
I found that toast and egg sorted DP yesterday. Within an hour dropped from 7.1 to 5.8.
Will have to try again just to see if that was a one off. I have also found that, for me, prolonging a fast gives higher numbers, and so does cream in coffee.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 this morning.

An hour after dinner yesterday my blood sugar was 8.8 at two hours was 3.8 bedtime 5.2 so this mornings 5.4 was a pleasant surprise need a bit of consistency.

Reactions: ert and karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 today.
I found that toast and egg sorted DP yesterday. Within an hour dropped from 7.1 to 5.8.
Will have to try again just to see if that was a one off. I have also found that, for me, prolonging a fast gives higher numbers, and so does cream in coffee.
Agree about the cream in coffee, maybe need to try the toast. Need a pick me up at the moment.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Agree about the cream in coffee, maybe need to try the toast. Need a pick me up at the moment.
I am going to try freezing the bread first, as apparently that alters the carb response.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17426743

Toast is my ultimate comfort food.. Ihave been leaving bread out of my diet, but have a sore throat and scratchy crunchy toast is what my body is telling me I need. Also hot rum toddies, but it is one or the other, and toast wins at the moment.

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to try freezing the bread first, as apparently that alters the carb response.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17426743

Toast is my ultimate comfort food.. Ihave been leaving bread out of my diet, but have a sore throat and scratchy crunchy toast is what my body is telling me I need. Also hot rum toddies, but it is one or the other, and toast wins at the moment.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Reactions: Pipp

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning.

Great FBGs this week - hope you enjoyed your week off.
Thank you. My levels have been good all week. Which proves its work stress that makes them higher. I've really enjoyed my week off thank you. Be interesting to see what happens to my levels when I return back to work on Tuesday.
Hope you have a good day

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. My levels have been good all week. Which proves its work stress that makes them higher. I've really enjoyed my week off thank you. Be interesting to see what happens to my levels when I return back to work on Tuesday.
Hope you have a good day
If they do rise next week, that will be very interesting for you. Going to my granddaughter's birthday tea this afternoon so will surely have a good day. Taking my own food with me in case I cannot eat anything there.:)