Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Done, but was never offered meds yet was asked to indicate:

11. How important were these factors in motivating you to start a low carbohydrate diet (Low carb diet)?
With 0 being not at all important and 10 being extremely important

*To come off/reduce my diabetes medication (including tablets or insulin)

This was a required field so could not ignore.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Done.

Great idea. Thanks Deb.

Just maybe Diabetes UK will come around to being on the same page with T2 diabetes symptom reversal as Diabetes.co.uk

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Is the focus only on weight reduction, as the opening sentence states? If so then any contributions I make will be pointless since I gained weight in beating my type 2 :shifty:
I like you Jim had little or no concern about my weight, the opening gambit almost put me off doing the survey

Reactions: Flora123

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I added lots of comments in the free text boxes, not necessarily what they were asking for but what I needed to say at that point in the questionnaire

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I added lots of comments in the free text boxes, not necessarily what they were asking for but what I needed to say at that point in the questionnaire
I also made the point that knowing carbs raised my glucose levels, if I was stupid enough to start eating too many again I'd likely end up back with diabetic level hbA1cs again.

D

Deleted member 308541

For the "remission or reversed" question, I put "recovering" as my word of choice. It is the a same word as alcoholics use when they are off the booze.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Apologies if it has already been posted.

Great opportunity to give feedback to DUK

https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/Remission-fbp/
Done but could not prove a possible remission before diagnosis in my youth. Symptoms when I was 6yrs old but no interest in when self managed and self medicated with severe food restriction and extra exercise to combat severe obesity. Diabetes symptoms ignored by GPS in children in 1970s.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe change the thread title to mention T2 and in the UK ? As a T1, I get a bit discouraged when I find out it's for T2s and involves remission ....:) (Not that I'm not happy that T2s are in remission, it's great, but I guess I feel a little left out...)
Done. Sorry for any upset.

Reactions: EllieM

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Perfect, thanks very much. (No real upset, I was just being a bit of a drama queen.:))
You had every right. I do love a bit of drama! But time and a place and I was out of place. I'm on auto pilot! :)

Rossmlboro

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi All, where would be the best place to share a market research survey for a new insulin storage product project I'm involved in? Thanks!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All, where would be the best place to share a market research survey for a new insulin storage product project I'm involved in? Thanks!
You want to get in touch with @DCUKMod and get permission to post something like that. If you just plunk it on the forum it'll be removed, I think... Needs approval first.