Cat allergy medication

Paulm80

Not sure if anyone will have any idea but with Christmas almost here it will almost be time to visit the in-laws !!
Problem is they have a ****** cat which I’m allergic to.
Gonna have to get some kind of allergy relief stuff - does anyone know if these will raise bg or anything?
Random question i know but just asking

Edited for profanity

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Cetirizine to help control my asthma, it’s a once daily non drowsy med which can be bought over the counter. I was on it before my type 2 diagnosis, so not sure if my non diabetic numbers would be higher or lower without it though!

Reactions: Paulm80

Paulm80

I take Cetirizine to help control my asthma, it’s a once daily non drowsy med which can be bought over the counter. I was on it before my type 2 diagnosis, so not sure if my non diabetic numbers would be higher or lower without it though!

Thanks , is that for allergies? I get tight chested and eyes go bloodshot around it! May have to poison the ******!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m allergic to my three cats and take cetirizine - just the cheapo supermarket one. I take two a day rather than one. I has no effect on my blood glucose. It’s sold as hayfever relief.

Paulm80

I’m allergic to my three cats and take cetirizine - just the cheapo supermarket one. I take two a day rather than one. I has no effect on my blood glucose. It’s sold as hayfever relief.

Thankyou, I’ll give them a go, did you get bad allergy before?
If they don’t work I’ll have to leave in-laws early

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thankyou, I’ll give them a go, did you get bad allergy before?
If they don’t work I’ll have to leave in-laws early
Yes, I get very tight chested and itchy eyes. It’s an issue when you’re a mad cat lady ;) :cat:

Good excuse to leave the in-laws though, I’m allergic to mine!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I get very tight chested and itchy eyes. It’s an issue when you’re a mad cat lady ;) :cat:

Good excuse to leave the in-laws though, I’m allergic to mine!

That's what I was thinking! Excellent excuse right there. :) ( @Paulm80 , If you're good with your inlaws, just take two of those over-the-counter tablets, they'll do you just fine.).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes
Thanks , is that for allergies? I get tight chested and eyes go bloodshot around it! May have to poison the ******!
It is for allergies, it’s an antihistamine. My asthma is allergy based.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if anyone will have any idea but with Christmas almost here it will almost be time to visit the in-laws !!
Problem is they have a ****** cat which I’m allergic to.
Gonna have to get some kind of allergy relief stuff - does anyone know if these will raise bg or anything?
Random question i know but just asking
Oh, one more thing, there are antihistamine eyedrops, but you'd have to get those from the GP. (Cats were never my problem, but oooh, pollen!). Burns a little when you first put them in, but the relief is amazing.

Edited for profanity in quote box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulm80

Oh, one more thing, there are antihistamine eyedrops, but you'd have to get those from the GP. (Cats were never my problem, but oooh, pollen!). Burns a little when you first put them in, but the relief is amazing.

Ok thanks, I’ll give the gp a ring before I go!