My eyesight.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have just been to collect my new spectacles.
The reason for this is because for years, I had to have reading glasses since about twenty years ago.
Then about three years ago during my screening test, (annual eye test for diabetics), they discovered my distance eyesight was distorted and I was seeing literally double! (I wasn't aware!)
So I had to have two pairs of glasses!
So, up to date result of my screening was very good, no abnormalities!
My eyesight however had changed and the prescription was altered. Improvement in my distance was because of the wearing glasses all the time.
So, I got a good deal for a pair of varifocals.
I can't believe how good they are! Not having to change glasses constantly as well!
(Awesome!)

I think the improvement in my eyesight is down to my continuous awareness of what carbs will do to me.
My health is very good, my life is very good, my energy levels are excellent, my lifestyle choices keep the doctors away! (Yes, an apple a day does help!)
And again, I keep getting compliments about my health and well-being, for someone of my age!

It is about six years since diagnosis, about five and a half since my last hypo!
I do wonder about testing wether I still do?

Best wishes

lindisfel

Expert
Good to hear that Lamont.
I have distance
and close glasses but would find it difficulty with varifocals since I use a telescope when birding.
It's good you are feeling well.
I shall have my second cataract done soon, I need it done, it's my dominant eye.

Four years for me since my last hypo!
Best wishes
Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good to hear mate!
It's amazing what they can do to your eyes now!
Would be science fiction many years ago!

Keep well, best wishes.

Wrap up warm when birding mate!