Libre view and phone

Tinkleberry

I am very fortunate to have been prescribed a libre which I've been getting on with quite well for the last few days.
I've signed up to libre view, I started out using the reader but now I'm just using my phone with the freestyle librelink app.
Do I need to connect my phone to the libreview account for the information to be passed over or will it automatically do it itself?
Also if I continue to connect the reader and my phone to the sensor (just incase I need to reader) do I need to link up the reader to the account even if I'm not using it?

I hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Michaeldooley

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If your logged into your phone app with the same details as your libreview account then the information will automatically be uploaded to Libreview when your internet on your phone is switched on

You have to manually connect the reader to laptop/computer via the cable provided and upload it all yourself so personally unless there is a problem then I'd just continue with the app if your getting continuous data and not missing any because you've used the reader

I always start with the reader first "just in case" but I've never had to upload the information
xx

Reactions: derivadow

Tinkleberry

If your logged into your phone app with the same details as your libreview account then the information will automatically be uploaded to Libreview when your internet on your phone is switched on

You have to manually connect the reader to laptop/computer via the cable provided and upload it all yourself so personally unless there is a problem then I'd just continue with the app if your getting continuous data and not missing any because you've used the reader

I always start with the reader first "just in case" but I've never had to upload the information
xx
Fabulous thank you so much! Xx

kiritshah

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I started a new disc but used my android phone to start.
That meant I cannot use the reader to check my results only the phone for the next 2 weeks.
So my advice would be to always start a new disc with the reader first!
I cannot remember if I was told that when reader was first issued to me by the hospital

Reactions: Michaeldooley

Daidie

I started a new disc but used my android phone to start.
That meant I cannot use the reader to check my results only the phone for the next 2 weeks.
So my advice would be to always start a new disc with the reader first!
I cannot remember if I was told that when reader was first issued to me by the hospital
The reader should detect the new sensor. I use my phone and reader