DIY looping

andi140373

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I have been DIY looping with libre, Miaomiao, Glimp, combo and AndroidAPS since mid July and am loving it. Just wondering how many others on here joined in with the #wearenotwaiting ethos and have built their own pancreas. I've got my first review coming up at the hospital and am wanting to tell them what I am doing but wondered what reaction others have had from their consultants?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I started looping in July using Libre+MiaoMiao, Omnipod, iPhone and RileyLink. I absolutely love it! Saw my team in August and they were more than happy with me using it - and have just upgraded my Libre to Dexcom G6 as I was having reliability issues with it, so that I can continue looping safely. They said they can’t recommend it officially but love what I’m doing - they want me to do a talk at the clinic for the staff when we’ve got a bit more info about how well it’s working. They’re happy to pull data etc from my Nightscout and I’m happy for them to have access to it.

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been looping with my 8 year old daughter for the past 6 months. She uses dexcom, Combo and Android APS. We love it. Clinic are very happy with what we’re doing. There are a few other local families doing the same and our team are pretty progressive and can appreciate the results.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
been looping since the beginning of the year using Andriod APS, its been going well and the Consultant was thrilled to see this is real action but my pump is up for renewal in December so I have opted for the 670G with the sensors, I was going to choose another Insight pump but for 4 years I have had large air bubbles in the tubing and cartridges

Reactions: porl69