Type 2 advice please

maryh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i have just been put on OZEMPIC injection . 0.25 . has anyone used this , please. is it good for weight loss.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
i have just been put on OZEMPIC injection . 0.25 . has anyone used this , please. is it good for weight loss.
Ozempic® (semaglutide) injection 0.5 mg or 1 mg is an injectable prescription medicine for adults with type 2 diabetes that along with diet and exercise may improve blood sugar.

• Ozempic® is not recommended as the first choice of medicine for treating diabetes.
  • It is not known if Ozempic® can be used in people who have had pancreatitis.
  • Ozempic® is not a substitute for insulin and is not for use in people with type 1 diabetes or people with diabetic ketoacidosis.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ozempic® may cause serious side effects, including:

• Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your healthcare provider if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rodents, Ozempic® and medicines that work like Ozempic® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Ozempic® will cause thyroid tumors or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
  • Do not use Ozempic® if you or any of your family have ever had MTC, or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2).

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum maryh

This site is a huge resource of information. I am sure somebody here will be able to advise you from an experiential view point.

Po