Trouble getting on the group

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else having trouble getting on the group. Each time the last few days that I have come on the group it does not let me in nor will it let me log in I click that and nothing happens it will not let me do it . I just have to keep clicking on various thing on the home page until eventually it lets me in. I have tried logging out from my profile and logging in again but the same thing happens it will not let me log on even though I have the "keep me logged in" box clicked. Any ideas what I should do ?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else having trouble getting on the group. Each time the last few days that I have come on the group it does not let me in nor will it let me log in I click that and nothing happens it will not let me do it . I just have to keep clicking on various thing on the home page until eventually it lets me in. I have tried logging out from my profile and logging in again but the same thing happens it will not let me log on even though I have the "keep me logged in" box clicked. Any ideas what I should do ?
I haven't had any trouble but then I don't go to the forum via the home page, I use a bookmark like this....
diabetes.co.uk/forum/find-new/posts

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Pinkorchid the website has had some work done which has resulted in a few changes and there may be left over glitches.
Please email [email protected] with the description of your problem and it will be looked at.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest @Antje77 - I'm on a train right now, but it took me a few attempts to log in.

Il raise a concern about it and hopefully there'll be a techie around who might be able to have a look.

In the end, I completely closed my browser (iPad), and started again. It then logged me straight in, having remembered me this time. Perhaps try that @Pinkorchid ?

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pinkorchid - try clearing your internet cookies and restarting your browser.

I have reported it.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Yes Pinkorchid. Sometimes it lets me log in, but more often than not, it will not let me submit my login details but will just keep loading the login page over and over again. even though I have deleted cookies. Most annoying.
I hope it can be fixed.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why all this logging in? I only have to log in a few times a year when I have cleared cookies for some reason.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why all this logging in? I only have to log in a few times a year when I have cleared cookies for some reason.
Exactly. But the site keeps asking me.
As you can see, I’ve managed to login this time

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I logged out on my iPhone in the browser and can’t log back in again. I can only access the forum on my iPad now.

D

Deleted member 308541

I had to login after the planned forum outage last week, logged in with Chrome browser on the Chrome OS chromebook, and Winders 10 notebook, and android 9 phone with no problems.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The logging in issue being experienced by some has been reported to the relevant people. Try deleting cookies and fully close your browser, then try again.

Reactions: Antje77

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The Firefox browser has hit a minor issue with tab favicons as well insofar as DCUK is concerned.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The logging in issue being experienced by some has been reported to the relevant people. Try deleting cookies and fully close your browser, then try again.
I have done precisely that DCUKMod. It still took me 3 or 4 times before I was allowed in.
I’m glad I am not the only one and it has been reported. Thank you