brittle diabetes

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am suffering from brittle diabetes, and gastroparesis. Due to this my blood sugar levels are fluctuating wildly. I am getting hypos ranging from 55 to 80, and hypers of 140 to 150 mg/dl.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date................Time........Insulin dosage...Bg value(mg/dl...FBG

24-10-2019.....10.00.........30+10..................148...................hyper
31-10-2019.....10.00.........30+10....................74...................hypo
4-11-2019......04.30...........20+10.....................68...................hypo

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Achyut, this seems to have been going on a while looking at your other posts. Have you seen your Dr or nurse yet? If so what did they suggest?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @achyut1939 ,

I've posted asking a couple of times on your other topics regarding this question, but have not received any answer form your good self...

From your other posts you are prescribed a pre-mixed insulin.

With some pre mixed insulins, there is a little glass ball in the cartridge or possibly the vial? This "glass ball" agitates & mixes the contents. A similar principle to a "spray can" of paint?

Though, with insulin you do not vigorously shake the contents like paint, are you doing the needful & following this procedure prior to injection? With insulin, "one" gently rolls...
If not, you may well be getting the wrong mix of insulins in your dosage...?

I hope the diagram below explains & helps.

Best wishes.

image.jpeg

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Achyut, this seems to have been going on a while looking at your other posts. Have you seen your Dr or nurse yet? If so what did they suggest?
I did not consult the doctor till now. Not only my bg levels are fluctuating wildly, my total daily insulin dosage is reduced from 60 units per day to 20 units per day.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did not consult the doctor till now.
I think it is important you do then, as this seems to be an ongoing problem which seems to be worrying you and may cause problems for you if you let it carry on.
Also have you made sure you are ‘rolling’ your vial of insulin before use as @Jaylee suggests to ensure it’s mixed properly?