Did not see this one coming!!!!!!!!!!!

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi folks
some of the more experienced odies may remember me.
The thing is i was going about my type 2 business eating good follow the diet etc Bg's sweet as a nut when BANG !!!! I started feeling drowsey and tired and listless :? :? :? My levels went from a straight 7 to an alarming 18 then 25 then 30's then just HI . I got a new meter to check and yep its true :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . I sat it out for a week and finally gave in and called my DR
she got hold of my DN and I am now attending my Surgery in the morning after i pick up a prescription for insulin etc.
Just wanted to intro myself as type 1 .
JF :(

pianoman

Hi JF and Welcome (again?)

I can see how that would come as a surprise! I'd be interested to hear what your Doctor has to say about this change? I wonder if it may have been something like Type 1.5/LADA all along?

Good luck tomorrow

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Long time no see JF! :)

Hope all goes well with the insulin.

Nigel

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looking back to your earlier posts you had double figure BG levels when you were diagnosed and that was only 8 months ago, and you were losing weight as well so I suppose it isn't really surprising.
Have a look at some of the posts on using insulin.
If it were me in your position I would try to avoid going on a mixed insulin if at all possible. Using a long term insulin like levimir or lantus + a short term one for mealtimes means more injections but is very much more flexible.
I'm not sure it's appropriate but Welcome to the insulin users club!

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi folks thanks for your advice :)
BIG HELLO Nige :wink: