Carnivore Corner

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really don’t think so Bulkbiker. As you can see from my original post, my eating regime for just a couple of days.
And I’ve carried on that way.
Fasted until 1pm yesterday then bacon and eggs. Coffee with cream. A bag of pork scratching ( I was still hungry) In the evening some cold meats, a boiled egg and a plate of cheese. Decaf with cream.
Pretty low in carbs. Would you agree?
This morning my bg was 11.1!
Out walking the dogs soon so I will see what that does when I get back. But any advice would be useful.
As Jim pointed out, I may need to up my fats.

If you fast for 24 hours what happens to your BG levels?
Significant drop or ..?
Also how long ago was your insulin production measured?

M

Member496333

@Speedbird this probably isn't the thread to get too far into it, but that does indeed seem a very low fasting insulin concentration relative to glucose. If the problem persists I would think about contacting your GP and maybe asking for a referral to an endocrinologist. Without wishing to cause alarm, the indication is a likely deficiency in insulin production. If that were the case then it could be fatty pancreas, autoimmune, or maybe even a combination of both. It may be a good idea to get hold of some cheap urine testing strips just to be sure that you're not producing high ketone levels to go along with the glucose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you fast for 24 hours what happens to your BG levels?
Significant drop or ..?
Also how long ago was your insulin production measured?
My medichecks was back in April and it was fasting.
It’s been a while since a 24 fast so I’m not sure but I will give it a go.
Thanks for your advice

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Speedbird this probably isn't the thread to get too far into it, but that does indeed seem a very low fasting insulin concentration relative to glucose. If the problem persists I would think about contacting your GP and maybe asking for a referral to an endocrinologist. Without wishing to cause alarm, the indication is a likely deficiency in insulin production. If that were the case then it could be fatty pancreas, autoimmune, or maybe even a combination of both. It may be a good idea to get hold of some cheap urine testing strips just to be sure that you're not producing high ketone levels to go along with the glucose.

Hi Jim,
I’ve had a scan and no fatty pancreas to speak of.
I have just tested Ketone levels and it’s 0.9.
Thank you everybody for all your useful advice.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to answer your question @bulkbiker, after a 24 fast, blood glucose is a respectable 6.5. Hurrah.
But I expect it to rise to giddy heights by the morning; now that I’ve eaten my fish and cheese supper. Oh well.

I shall now bow out of this thread as I realise I’ve derailed it somewhat. X

M

Member496333

@Speedbird keep in mind that if indeed you are currently sensitive to protein, cheese can be ~25% and it's really easy to consume lots of the stuff :hungry:

Good to see your 24h fasting glucose was much better. Keep it up and do stick around.

Reactions: Speedbird
M

Member496333

Shawn Baker brought my attention to this video of Greger giving it large. I'm sure all the carnivores here will find it amusing.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had refrained from watching it.. but turns out to be rather amusing.. man who has no backing for what he says and can't string a sentence together... interesting..

M

Member496333

I had refrained from watching it.. but turns out to be rather amusing.. man who has no backing for what he says and can't string a sentence together... interesting..

Oh yeah it’s total comedy. Seems like he has cognitive problems if that video is anything to go by.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I’m on the train with 2 kilos of short ribs, a ribeye, half a kilo of ox cheek, the remaining oxtail on the meat counter, some bone in beef shin and a very thick Barnsley chop. Oh and some wild Alaskan sockeye salmon that was on offer. Should keep me going for a while :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I’m on the train with 2 kilos of short ribs, a ribeye, half a kilo of ox cheek, the remaining oxtail on the meat counter, some bone in beef shin and a very thick Barnsley chop. Oh and some wild Alaskan sockeye salmon that was on offer. Should keep me going for a while :D

So, what do you do on Wednesday when that's all gone?

:angelic:

:D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal
trying out your recommendation .. pretty yummy I will agree.

slow cooked for about 6 hours... especially liked the little tail end bits..
GYVV2512.jpeg

Reactions: Brunneria

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
new favourite dins...
veal t-bone chops.. 7 mins per side on the bbq (bit cold outside tonight)
amazing..!

Reactions: Goonergal