Remission

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
I lost 15kg and that alone hasn't put me in remission. My last HbA1C was still 44 (down from 65). But I'm getting there, slowwwwwly... The weight loss was achieved purely on eating low carb and high fat. For 5 days a week I sit around the office, and I drive everywhere, so I do 0 in terms of exercise. However, during weekends I get some exercises in as I do all the cooking, the cleaning, the gardening, washing, shopping, uhh... :rolleyes:

I recently saw an endocrinologist at the local hospital, and he was the first medical professional I've met that actually suggested eating low carb! The appointment wasn't even for diabetes, it was for my PCOS. He asked me how I achieved the weight loss, and I said that I just ditched the carbs and starchy foods, and he said that's exactly the right thing to do, and we both agreed that carbs are bad for me. :D Just gonna keep doing what I'm doing, and see where this takes me. Other blood tests, e.g., cholesterol, liver and kidneys - all normal, so it's defo working!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on a low carb website and there have been quite a few women with PCOS who are there as a last resort, forlorn and dismal and expecting to slog away trying to lose weight for years with the remote chance of getting more treatment for infertility, and in a few months there is a half crazy post to say they are pregnant and have been dancing around the room shrieking with excitement.
My own sister came to see me when I had just realized I was pregnant - she'd waited eight years for a second child, and I joked that it was catching. She and my brother in law moaned about the low carb meals I served up during their stay, but my baby arrived in November and hers in January.
As a treatment for type two low carb is still a matter opinion - but when it is a matter of baby or no baby there can be no real argument.