Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before my lunch, my bg was 5.2

An hour after lunch, my bg was 6.6

Two hours after lunch, it was 7.0

-------------------------------

I thought the 1 hour test gives you the reading at the peak of the bg.
Why was mine lower than the bg reading after two hours?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the 1 hour test gives you the reading at the peak of the bg. Why was mine lower than the bg reading after two hours?

Not necessarily. Depends on what you ate. High fat content can delay a spike; some foods can have a double spike - when wearing a Libre I’ve also discovered foods that make me rise, drop back down and then rise up again.

Reactions: angustia

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would depend on what you ate. What did you have for lunch?

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would depend on what you ate. What did you have for lunch?

1 cup chicken salad (with celery and a few green apple), 1/2 medium avocado and 5 grape tomatoes, and I took an omega 3.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I recall raising a thread on this topic. The question asked how can we be sure we captured the peak of the spike. It looks like it is being answered in this thread.

Hence at the time, several months back, I expressed more interest in the Libre, which would capture the complete spike (peak).

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
An hour after lunch, my bg was 6.6

Two hours after lunch, it was 7.0
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose-meters/blood-glucose-meter-accuracy.html

The accuracy of our meters (plus or minus %15) makes a difference of 0.4 between two readings insignificant. If you test the same drop of blood with two strips you will more than likely get two different readings.
If you look at the table in the link above you can see that a reading of 5 could in reality be as low as 4.1 or as high as 5.8 and your last reading of 7 anything from 5.9 to 8.2.
So from your results I would say that your lovely low carb meal had a minimal effect on your blood sugar levels