Type 2 Glucose levels.

Guscabs75

Looking for advice, I tested my glucose level just after lunch today and it was 33.2, and just tested again after evening meal and it was 26.4
I have been watching what I’m eating, also I’m taking steroids for a heart condition, any advice to reduce the glucose to a safe level would be appreciated.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Those levels are far too high and could be dangerous if your body is producing ketones as a result of fat burning. What medication are you on apart from the steroids? If you don't have any excess body weight I would suspect you may be late onset T1 (LADA) and not T2 with those levels although the steroids may be the cause. If you aren't overweight or have lost weight unexpectedly recently I would arrange an urgent review with the GP and ask for the two T1 tests. In the meantime keep the carbs way down and have plenty of water. May be you need to ask the GP for insulin whilst you are using steroids? Also check that your steroid dose is no higher than it need be. It may be your cardiologist hasn't taken enough account of your diabetes. Also if you feel unwell go to A&E ASAP.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Suggest you ring 111 for advice. 33 is downright dangerous and can be life threatening.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The steroids may well be the cause, but regardless of the cause those are not numbers you want to have. Please consult an HCP.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
With levels like that I hope you have been to A&E by now wishing you good luck.