Bisoprolol withdrawal

Jus455

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I have started Bisoprolol 3 days ago and have been taking it at night. Since last night I have been having insomnia. If this is the side effect can I just stop taking this? I have been taking 1.5 mg. I want to stop and eventually go onto something else soon. The other alternative is to take it by half and come off over the next few days or so.

I won't get Time to see the doctor till a few days and I don't want to take this drug anymore.

Thanks

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I have started Bisoprolol 3 days ago and have been taking it at night. Since last night I have been having insomnia. If this is the side effect can I just stop taking this? I have been taking 1.5 mg. I want to stop and eventually go onto something else soon. The other alternative is to take it by half and come off over the next few days or so.

I won't get Time to see the doctor till a few days and I don't want to take this drug anymore.

Thanks

Nobody here can advise you to stop taking a medication prescribed for you, as there would have been a good reason for that. Only your doctor can fully assess how safe that would be.

My surgery does a telephone appointment system, and that is certainly something I would consider in your shoes.

It is likely you have seen your doctor recently to have the drug prescribed, he is the one who would be able to best advise your course of action. Could you try calling, asking for advice?

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
As far as I recall, you should only take the first dose in the evening and then start taking it in the morning.

D

Deleted member 308541

I take 1 x 5 mg Bisoprolol in the morning and evening with my meals for over five years, I do not remember having difficulty sleeping though.

It's doing a great job with my heart tho'...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
According to the patient leaflet an uncommon side affect affecting less than 1 person in 100 is sleep disturbance it would be best to discuss this with your doctor.