Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
As it says in the title

Think I’ve posted more than anyone on here over a number of years, but someone who shall be nameless has come onto the forum and ruined it for me.

I have a lot going on in my life.

I’ve been posting maybe once or twice a day lately whereas I was posting 20+ times daily.

I’m really really not ‘feeling it’ at the moment.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How disappointing. Can you not just use the ignore option to block this person. As a T2 I don't know you, but any loss of experience to this forum is a very sad loss.

Reactions: LindiePops

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some people aren't that easy to ignore. Even if you don't read their posts they can still argue with yours.

Reactions: jjraak

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry to hear that, Cumbs. What about a break, the 'nasties' tend to last so little time that this one may be gone when you return.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Cumberland ,

Somtimes a focus elswhere regarding "life stuff" is what's needed.?

I hope to hear from you soon with recharged batteries & a renewed sense of "mojo!"

Kind regards, buddy..

Reactions: Cumberland

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As it says in the title

Think I’ve posted more than anyone on here over a number of years, but someone who shall be nameless has come onto the forum and ruined it for me.

I have a lot going on in my life.

I’ve been posting maybe once or twice a day lately whereas I was posting 20+ times daily.

I’m really really not ‘feeling it’ at the moment.
Why would you choose to let someone ruin your forum experience and leave? I don't know what's going on but if someone is bullying you, please report.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
OOPs what did I do this time @Cumberland ? It can't be worth leaving over.

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Cumberland that is so sad. Why dont you just stay with us on the chatty thread. I rarely participate in the general threads though I often read them. I bookmark two threads and that works well for me. I would miss you.

Reactions: Cumberland

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Cumberland,

Just wanted to say that I'd miss you very much. You such a kind and helpful person, always there for others. The forum wouldn't be the same place without you. Won't you reconsider?

Personally, I would find it very upsetting if you were driven from this forum by the actions of someone else.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please don't let someone drive you away - that should not happen in any circumstance - you are well thought of here and you would be missed. Is there anything the mods or admin can to to help you?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why would you choose to let someone ruin your forum experience and leave? I don't know what's going on but if someone is bullying you, please report.
Sometimes it is more subtle than bullying. Sometimes it's easier just to post less to save yourself the stress. I find your comment about ' choosing to let someone ruin your forum experience' to be harsh and lacking in understanding.

Reactions: lovinglife

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people aren't that easy to ignore. Even if you don't read their posts they can still argue with yours.
I think you can block their replies to your posts too. I'm sure I did this myself once in the past. I'll probably get it in the neck myself for saying this, but I believe being either hypo or hyper can make the sufferer very angry, aggressive and unreasonable. This is mentioned by the T1 journalist Adam Brown on Diatribe. He says that since he has been able to keep his bg more in range he has been much nicer to live with! So if someone is trolling you, you could try saying to yourself, "Poor chap, his bg is giving him gyp today".

Reactions: EllieM

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes it is more subtle than bullying. Sometimes it's easier just to post less to save yourself the stress. I find your comment about ' choosing to let someone ruin your forum experience' to be harsh and lacking in understanding.
Didn't mean to sound harsh, but if whatever is happening is bad enough to make someone turn away from the forum I think something is wrong enough to let us know.
Our (mods) main goal is keeping the forum a safe place for all. We can't do that if we're not made aware of something going on.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hu @Cumberland

i second @PenguinMum
stay just in thread, still get the daily input, and give yourself time to breathe.

Life can be hectic, and we all need a little me time, So if you have to go
do make it only for a short while..

You'll be missed.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland what a shame that someone has ruined it for you. Can you report them? It's too bad that they should drive you away--they should be gone instead.
Hugs to you and Wispa. :)

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Cumberland this is the saddest post I have read in a long while. It's awful that someone's comments have made you feel like leaving the forum altogether. What a sad day for all that would be. I only go on one thread, I call it the happy chatty one. It never fails to bring a smile to my face and usually on daily basis. It wouldn't be the same without you. But you have to do what's best for you. That said, if you arent back in a week I'm sending out a search party for you. I did it once before with @SaskiaKC and it was 'mission accomplished '. I do hope this won't be 'mission impossible ' and you will soon be back with us. Take care.

Reemap

I don’t think you should leave the forum because of someone else. As all said you can report it to the admin and they can handle this situation. Let someone else not decide your action on this forum.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Get the impression it's not what @Cumberland said ... more so what he's NOT saying

Status
Not open for further replies.