Nerve Pain Caused By Bulging Disc

jimmyjimmy

Hi Folks,

Hope you doing okay.

I have recently been diagnosed with a bulging disc that is impinging on my left nerve root, causing sciatica. I have been to loads of private physiotherapists as the NHS physiotherapist was very poor, i just wanted to get out of pain. All seem to give mixed advice, but i am awaiting a referral to a pain clinic from my GP too, as the pain down my leg makes me very depressed.

However i wondered what exercises i can do, as some physiotherapists state its hard work but over 6 months to 1 year the disc bulge can go back. What types of exercises do i need to be working on please? Some physiotherapists have given me strengthening exercises, some have told me to use a lumbar stretching device. Some have told me to focus on McKenzie exercises, however i really do not want to worsen anything.

Thank you for any help you can give to try and get me out of pain. I appreciate your time reading my comments.

Jimmy

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your physios have given you advice on various exercises, do that. None of us know your history and even if there were physios here, they wouldn’t be able to tell you.

You have my sympathy though, I had the same in my neck and I got close to wanting to end my life. Nerve pain is about as awful as it gets I think.

Reactions: dmckatana

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What types of exercises do i need to be working on please?
Hi Jimmy sorry to hear your having a hard time of it.

I don't see why you are asking in here a diabetic message board for advice with physiotherapy. Forgive my ignorance are you sure you are in the right place is there some relationship with diabetes and your back pain that lead you here? :bookworm:

:bag:

Rose Read

Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to here about the pain you are in. I am Type 2 on two different insulin's & tablets. I also have the same as you but I had an operation to free a trapped nerve that my spine had crushed & I wished I had never had the operation. I ended up longer in hospital due to a blood clot & the second day when I should of gone home I couldn't walk. All the surgeon said when I saw him for the six week check up after the operation he said everything was fine & no mention of the blood clot or me having to stay longer in hospital due to not being able to walk. And now to crown it all the pain came back just after the six week check up & has got worse. Sorry to rant but I do know how you are feeling.
Hi Jimmy sorry to hear your having a hard time of it.

I don't see why you are asking in here a diabetic message board for advice with physiotherapy. Forgive my ignorance are you sure you are in the right place is there some relationship with diabetes and your back pain that lead you here? :bookworm:

:bag:

Type 2 can cause nerve pain and the groups called diabetes and other health problems
Hi Jimmy,

Sorry to here about the pain you are in. I am Type 2 on two different insulin's & tablets. I also have the same as you but I had an operation to free a trapped nerve that my spine had crushed & I wished I had never had the operation. I ended up longer in hospital due to a blood clot & the second day when I should of gone home I couldn't walk. All the surgeon said when I saw him for the six week check up after the operation he said everything was fine & no mention of the blood clot or me having to stay longer in hospital due to not being able to walk. And now to crown it all the pain came back just after the six week check up & has got worse. Sorry to rant but I do know how you are feeling.