What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just thought I would share my days graph. Kipper for breaky (1st rise) and choc n nut bat with cuppa shortly after. My dinner was Chinese take away. Chicken foo yung wouldnt normally put up bloods but the rise you see is down to the 8 small salt n chilli chicken pieces I had. Lots of chillies. But batter involved. But thought it would be higher. Be interesting to see what my fbs is tomorrow and how I go on during the night.

Found Dr Simon Tobin a GP in southport did an experiment on Twitter where he used a CGM for 2 weeks and recorded results. Fascinating. So me and Eric are going to do similar. After my next hba1c! Which is this Friday. And after my talk at Blackpool tower ballroom on 25th. Going to both wear one for 2 weeks. A non diabetic and a diabetic. Not sure how to get best out of experiment. If anyone has ideas feel free to share. We think it might be fun. Expensive laughs!!! Not funny at all really.

And also want to share my excitement about meeting up with Dr David and Jen Unwin tomorrow in southport. I'm hoping to learn from the best about delivering low carb sessions. Anyone got anything they would like me to ask while I'm there?

Early start so night night all. Will check in tomorrow en route.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-234008_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-234008_LibreLink.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 92

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for you @Cumberland

Don't let a troll/trolls ruin your experience on here. I don't know what has gone on. I've had trolls on a completely different site and it was a horrible experience.

I can understand you wanting to leave. Whatever your experience was has altered your perception and feelings of this site. And that is a hard thing to regain. I get that. But no one ever drives me off something.

There is absolutely no way I would give someone the satisfaction of me leaving. Yes, I would be upset over whatever had happened. It's not easy. Ride it out if you can. But if too much is going on, you do need to take a breather for your peace of mind.

We would miss you.

Take care.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 6.0 over the ropes for me today, raining persistently outside as it has been all night, my heart goes out to those poor blighters where all the flooding is. I know we're an island nation but if this rain carries on we'll be more like an archipelago.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are close to The National Arboretum where there is a monument with the names of all those who lost their lives since and a slit In The wall where on the 11 hour of the 11th day of the 11th month a beam of sunlight shines through the slit onto the monument. The most upsetting part of the monument is the many blank walls waiting for names to be carved on them.

Edit. For those interested here is a link to the Armed Forces Monument in the Arboretum. An amazing place..

http://www.thenma.org.uk/whats-here/the-memorials/armed-forces-memorial/armed-forces-memorial/
I know it well. I participate in an event called Ride To The Wall each October when several thousand bikers, mainly ex military, attend a service. I missed it this year because I was not well.
One of my grandfathers name is carved upon that wall and there are a fair number of other names that I recognise.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I have been awake since about 0400 so decided after nearly an hour to get up, make tea and catch up on this thread.

The wonder wheel of a fairly quiet day of reflection yesterday rewarded me with a 4.8 this am.

@Cumberland, I sincerely hope that some dreadful troll will not put you off.

Today is still a mystery as the font of all knowledge about such things is still sleeping and, although it may be quite intriguing to wake her and let her know that it’s now 0900, the initial glee would soon be overtaken with the presentation of one of those punishing lists of jobs that would take so much effort to avoid participating in.

Anyway, enjoy your Monday whatever you may be doing, bin day will soon be upon us.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Rain rain and more rain here.

Popeye, the cat, doesn't like wading through the padding pool of water that surrounds my bungalow after an excessive rainfall, so he sits shivering by the cat flap because he is waiting to go to his bathroom.

He will not use an indoor cat tray, I put one there for him the other day, but he looks at me in disgust. He has never even soiled inside the house in his life despite being 27 years old now.

So, when I see him waiting by the cat flap, he is waiting for the paddling pool to go down, so I put my wellies on, grab him and carry him out into the garden and put him under a bush.

He is fine charging though the paddling pool to get back in.

He only needs to go twice a day, once about 9 am and again about 5 to 6 pm. He drinks plenty of water.

So that is the bathroom habits of my cat, which I am sure you are delighted to know!

The urgent call of my bathroom beckoned 5 times last night while I am trying to get my beauty sleep.

I wish I could be like my cat in in his twice a day call of nature...so much simpler.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this dreary morning, and an early start to get to the hospital. Nothing serious, just an ongoing check on some sort of allergic rhinitis I've had for a few months. They gave me a spray which has improved things slightly. Think I'll go to the cafe on the way back as the bus stops there, enjoy the day :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today. More heavy rain here although there are showers and sunshine promised for the rest of the day.

I have been looking at dates, I'm sure my Doc said HbA1c would be done every 3 months (12 weeks), I have not been summoned and 12 weeks was up on the 25th Oct so a visit to the Health Centre to see what's going on is on my list of jobs for today.

Try and stay dry one and all.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 at 7:30 ate pizza last Night and chokolates with licorice , have gone totally nuts the last 3-4 months with High carb foods , moved to a smaller wonderful flat sent my daugther to University in another town and all is well except my eating style .... so well need to get on again with low carb eating style before I get other diseases from whis wreckless way of eating so high protein foods for breakfast and meat and tomatoes today

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...raining again but no cause for complaint after hearing further news from up north...tragic news of continuing flooding...anti-coagulant clinic this morning it's my re-arranged appointment from last week...hoping for four weeks between appointments fingers crossed...masses of paperwork done yesterday so almost finished...woke to a 5.9

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Freema, I do so enjoy your posts. I also enjoy yours @Cumberland and will be another who misses your input. Interesting reading about the pleasure folk get from the National Arboretum since No1 son gives advice on conservation and H and S inspections there. 5.6 fbg - no disguising my disappointment with that. But what of the whole man you ask? - sleep score at 80 is good, resting pulse at 58 getting back where I want it, weight at 75.3 kgs about 1.5 over what I want. Carbs in shrinking and calorie deficit growing can't be sustained for long so my body must drain the excess soon (because we all know Jason can never be in error) . Who can tell how often they offend? O cleanse me from my secret faults! Have a little Psalm 19 good folk and don't go overboard today since Martinmas is a lesser UK festival. This is for Leo, Poppy, Isobel (Boo), Hazel and Rosa P (we did buy the CD and this plays on loop in my car)

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, hope you all had a good weekend, the meter of doom must have been taking pity on me as all weekend its only thrown 6's at me which was nice. I have been feeling out of sorts over the weekend can't explain it, bed early on Sunday (I love's my bed) did any of you get to watch The Royal British legion remembrance programme on Saturday evening on the BBC? James Blunt's song was a powerful piece of song writing. amazing programme to watch. Anyway have a good day and importantly take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 this morning ( falsely low I suspect because of more wine than usual yesterday)
@Cumberland I was very sorry to read that you’ve been subject to trolling and I really hope you decide to stay, as others have also said - you would be sorely missed.
@Freema it’s good to see you back, I’m glad the move went well and you are enjoying your new flat.
Good luck this morning @HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
It was a good Morening till I read @Cumberland 's post anything me and me's can do to help just pm us.

A surprising 6.9 this morning full on roast and low carb chocolate brownies ( don't you love the scout movement ) yesterday.

Have a good Monday folks

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning - I am sure the 10 minute walk after dinner really helped. This morning the rain is torrential and husband and doggies vetoed the walk. I must admit that it is so horrible I was quite pleased to sit here in the warm drinking coffee.

Today's a good day. Only one class at 10 am then off to Norwich to the hairdresser plus lots of time to wander around the shops before classes start again at 6pm. So looking forward to it.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another week begins and its 6.5. I was awake at 4am for an hour but felt it was too early to check fbg. Then went back to sleep and horrid nightmares ensued and wokeup in a panic so doubt that did much for my bg.
Anyway such a difficult time for so many whether its memories at commemoration or in the now and the desperate plight of so many in the flooded regions. It puts me worrying about a higher than wanted fbg on a particular day in the shade.
@gennepher poor old Popeye cats hate to be wet cold or dirty. But I love the arrangement you have worked out between you. @HarryBeau good luck with the anti coag clinic. Any update on the Kitten front? Also @OldButBold good luck at the rhino clinic.
Have the best Monday you can. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good luck with the anti coag clinic. Any update on the Kitten front?
Thanks PM as you posted I was just wondering what I could say to re-arrange my clinic appointment...I mustn't that would be a pretty poor show...the kitten front...well there is some good news we have two reserved for the end of November/beginning of December...at the moment they are six weeks old & will be spayed/neutered when they reach eight weeks then hopefully home...I have an ever growing collection of kitten toys & equipment in the spare bedroom...both are tabbies one tabby & white the other tabby/tortie I've told the girls that our little black & white one wanted to be homed with her favourite sister...so we are going to have one of the other girls...they don't need to know the horrid stuff...so fingers crossed PM we're all getting excited it seems such a long time since we started this.

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60 and jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Read @Cumberland post on trolling hoping he will continue to post here until the issues on other thread are resolved...we have the odd discussion here but as far as I can see no bullying...makes me glad this is a sub-thread where those who post can find a happy medium...I have responded on his thread hoping he comes here & sees how much support there is for him to remain with us...I hate trolls or should I say cowardly keyboard warriors.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
don't go overboard today since Martinmas is a lesser UK festival.
What a forum! Another forgotten piece of information dragged from the dark dungeon and deeper corners of my mind. I have spent a lot of time in Tours,. This year when we visited we popped into Basilica of St. Martin not that impressive IMO and I had not realised it's significance to St Martin of Tours, thank you for the post, I shall now be more attentive on my next visit.

We enjoy the Musée du Compagnonnage in Tours, a crafts man or journey man museum, excellent.

Sorry post a bit off thread, just @ianpspurs post conjured up memories.

@Cumberland just found your post, very sad please stick around we need all the support, experience and knowledge we can get on here.

Off for a Muddy Bike Ride as suns appeared.