Type 2 Glucose spikes after exercise?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
This makes sense to me. I really need to learn more about intermittent fasting though, as I thought it was a case of low food intake = low levels. Obviously not. What do you eat before exercising?

I eat dinner and do 20- min walk, then 20 - 25 mins of weights.

This works for me, but doesn't mean it will for anyone else. You just have to experiment and work things out, which can take time. Also take into consideration that I have basal insulin in my system.

Reactions: ShelleyDubs

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read this and dismissed it as there is no way I am taking a cold shower or swimming in a cold pool. (I put a lot of effort into trying to keep my hands and feet warm, as I have impaired circulation.) However, after reading your post I went out for a run, raising my HR more than usual, then stupidly sat in front of the computer for ages without putting on any warm clothes. I finally roused myself, thoroughly chilled, then tested my bg prior to eating. I was braced for a reading in the low 6s, as my bg tends to go up after exercise AND always goes up from the late afternoon on whatever I do. I was amazed to see 4.8, a number I only see about once in 2 months. Was it the chilling, or was it coincidence? Anyway, thanks for the tip!
Glad you found it helped. Seems many of the more extreme fitness types swear by cold showers in the morning, Another thing you could try that might help without being quite so cold would be to run your wrists under the cold tap straight after exercise. ( just a minute !) That seems to help too.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a problem with my levels rising after exercise too.

I’ve been experimenting with how to curb my spikes (which were 12-14) and have found that taking 2 units of humalog have helped me not to go above 10. Now I’m just working out how to stop an early hours of the morning hypo. My next plan is to eat a slightly larger dinner and not inject as much!

Good luck with working it out!