What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
7.3 this morning. This is roughly where my diabetes nurse wants it to be, but I want it lower - and manage it sometimes.
Well I'm glad your DN feels comfortable with fbg at 7.3 how do you feel about it I would be extremely unhappy but I am not you.then again neither is your DN.. Sorry I see that you are not particularly happy with it yourself I would ignore what your DN wants and go with what you want.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I'm glad your DN feels comfortable with fbg at 7.3 how do you feel about it I would be extremely unhappy but I am not you.then again neither is your DN.. Sorry I see that you are not particularly happy with it yourself I would ignore what your DN wants and go with what you want.

I am not at all happy with fbg of 7.3 and have been working hard to get down to the 5 area - sometimes I get it wrong and go too far and into hypo territory but sometimes I am still too high (eg this morning 9.8). DN however thinks my control is too tight and wants me to ease up on the low carb/low calorie diet. She would prefer to see 7s to 9s. I disagree and will continue to try to keep around 5 if I can. The difficulty is balancing the diet and insulin. Although I am T2, I am also on insulin.