Defatizing with Slimfast Gunk by Bob

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
The cold thing is mentioned in the diet notes ,it all kicked off yesterday evening
Think its because I have little meat on my arms and legs from little to no use
Its become a right nasty pain as if your limbs in ice water for way too long :shock:
I have my legs in electric blanket/more of a i/2 sleeping bag taken off my electric wheelchair used to keep legs .feet warm when out ,if i was more active I don't think it would be a problem .

Belly is becoming flatter thats really why i started all this :D

My BG seem to be around the 5.5 mark most of the time if i test 3hr+ always around 5.5 or less
So happy with my BG the +1hr can go as high as 8 but comes back down pretty fast now :mrgreen:

So far a happy bunny Onward to week 3

Bob

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:
I haven't weighed this week (fell off over the weekend - ate a kebab and chips on Sat. night. :oops:).

Learned a valuable lesson, though. I can't eat like I used to, and I felt absolutely terrible (physically and mentally) afterwards.

Total weight lost to date (prior to the slip, which I'm sure will have added a few lbs) is 18lbs.

Nice one Patch, 18lbs is not to be sniffed at! :)

Does the Kebab and chips mean that the defatizing diet has to start from day one again?

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope not. I have no way of knowing if the weight lost was actually fat, or if it was ainly water/glucose from my liver.

BUT - I probably should do a bit of re-baselining anyway. It has got to a point where I am pretty sick of the shakes, and it's getting easy to stray.

I think I'll start fresh - this time, doing 2 shakes and a meal from their suggested list. Optislim also provides a list of "ready meals" that you can pick from, and a lot of the ready meals are available in the UK (Weight Watcher micro meals???)

I just need to decide if I want to stick to the Newcastle Study (and I do have their recipes) or follow the Optislim regime.

I'm leaning towards the Newcastle Study...

bowell

Dislikes
Wife did some of that Spicy soup from the Newcastle menu ,
VERY NICE had some last night :mrgreen:

From what I gather its the first few (3<>4) weeks that do the trick
The rest is to stop it coming back as fast Then stick to it until you reach your correct weight

Thats what I will try and do

You have done well patch 18lbs is impressive Just keep your hands in your pockets next time

Bob

blacksmarty1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Bob
Great weight loss this week 6lbs.......amazing!!!!...... that means you are on a par with me
after 2 weeks at 13lbs.

I know what you mean about the cold thing brrrrrrrrrrrr. Here I am in southern France and
needing a cardi and PJs in August wellllll whats all that about!!!!!

I feel quite sure I will make it to the end of the 8 week programe and beyond now that I am
on week 5 it really is becoming easier as it goes along. The weight loss alone is quite a good
incentive for me.
I thought the cooking this week would get too me but here I am sniffing lasagne and you know
what................I am not thrown at all yesssss.

Well done you have a great 3rd week and roll on next Monday.

Diane

bowell

Dislikes
Wed 30th Aug Well thats the End of a wet summer then

Not a bad night only up once with alarm set time for meds & catheter
Feel a lot warmer today
Breakfast Chocolate Shake lemon tea Large coffee to last me until cares come
FBG 4.9
BG2Hr+5.8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lunch Coffee shake large coffee black
BG 5.7
BG2hr+6.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Meal Caramel Shake starting to like these now ? Large Coffee
BG5.8
BG2hr+5.9
This is getting boring :!: I may start to cut out some of the tests :roll:
----------------------------------------------------------------
21:30 Will have small bowl of the spicy veg Soup thats on the menu wife made a bucket full

[youtube]xIkUiD8N81k[/youtube]

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no!
Many years ago my OH was leaving the next day for 9 months in the Falklands . We were having a 'farewell' meal in a Soho restaurant and they kept on playing that song.( Jason Donovan version ) I still can't hear it without crying.
(though the RAF did let me go and visit him half way through so it wasn't all bad, I got to see the penguins!)

Kenny

Patch said:
I hope not. I have no way of knowing if the weight lost was actually fat, or if it was ainly water/glucose from my liver
It's mainly fat, Patch m8. I reckon there's 1Kg, or 2Kg tops of water/colon waste/glucose that goes in the early stage of a diet. Anything on top of that is pure fat loss. I know it coz I'm 6Kg down on my starting weight of 115Kg, and I've had to cut 2 inches off my belt. There's a pair of shorts I can't wear any more coz they keep falling down, and there's another pair of shorts which I couldn't wear before coz too tight, and now they're falling down as well.

bowell

Dislikes
1st Sept date of my First marriage ,Lucky escape for me after 24years Hard labour :lol:

Up real early for me 6:30 appointment for Upgrade for New electric wheelchair
as i now need more support and functions tilt in space recline ect
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast Vanilla shake hot black coffee boy did i need that for early start :?
FBG 7.7
2hr+BG 5.5
must have been all the flaffing around with taxi all that helped BG come down

----------------------------------------------------
Vanilla shake black filter coffee
BG 5.9
2hr+?

RussG

Good work on the wheelchair and in response to your regular youtube posts, here's one for you:
(here's hoping it works...)
[youtube]Mb3iPP-tHdA[/youtube]

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bob said:
Good news I will have a new NHS Carlos Fandango Electric wheelchair with loads of extras should come in around 8 weeks ,so im a happy bunny today

Alloys? Spoiler? Custom Paint? Go faster stripes? :wink:

bowell

Dislikes
Same as this but NHS BLACK :? Cut backs :?

Attachments

• wheelchair.jpg
    wheelchair.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,119

blacksmarty1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well Bob the new chariot looks well ............ good and in black too fannntasssticccc lol lol

You lot are soooooooooooo funny!!!!!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Well at least the (moderator edit) won't nick it Bob.

bowell

Dislikes

bowell

Dislikes
Sept 2nd Friday

Breakfast Strawberry shake and my normal Large Coffee
FBG4.8
BG2hr+5.7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lunch Vanilla shakae Black filter coffee
BG 6.0 I had a small 90 kcal slim-fast Snack bar at 11 :oops: first time Bg still not up that much :mrgreen:
BG2hr+6.1

Evening Meal Just had some veg will have a shake later tonight
BG5.6
2hr+?
Forgot had a shake around 9

product-med-1.png

Kenny

Poor gypsies. They have a reputation for theft and leaving trash and clutter behind them. I'm sure that's quite unfair.

bowell

Dislikes
Tarmac your drive Guv We got some left over from motorway Job
,,,Narrr its OK to go over the grass Honest Guv We do it all the time ,
Call it grand for cash then arrr :wink: NO CASH
Hope in the pick-Up we run you right down to the cash point NOW!

bowell

Dislikes
Sat 3rd Sept 20011

Breakfast Chocolate shake We have a jug filter coffee on the Go so large Mug black coffee
FFG 4.7 he he he he he he
BG2hrs+5.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lunch off for a Full MRI Just after 13:00 so prob not up date till later
Lunch was a mix of coffee and vanilla as low on both Was Nice may mix some more up
BG 5.3
2hr+5.7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening Meal Narner Shake and large Coffee save me veg for Xfactor wife makes me watch it
BG 5.1
BG2hr+5.7