IMG_1573745757.204616.jpg

What are your thoughts on this ?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Might be alright with cream and berries maybe, but if the attraction is the no fat - problematic.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you’re looking to lower carbs, most members here eat higher fat than this or there’s no energy source. I buy full fat versions of yoghurts etc... these days.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
All the fat free flavoured quark I've seen contains starch, used as a thickener, in addition to sugar.
I would rather have fat than added starch.

If you like quark maybe you could buy unflavoured/unthickened and add some berries plus a little sweetener?
Otherwise, try some real Greek yogurt (not greek style as that has more carbs). I have this most evenings with fresh raspberries.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked it up on the Tescos website:

Ingredients
Quark Skimmed Milk Soft Cheese, Strawberry (6%), Water, Cornflour, Natural Strawberry Flavouring, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Concentrated Black Carrot and Carrot Juice, Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Sucralose).

I would never say never ;) but my prefered alternative would be 10% fat Greek yog, preferably sheep's milk, and if I wanted fruit flavouring on it, I would go for an actual strawberry. But then I don't get on very well with the sweeteners mentioned in the ingredients list. Maybe as a one off? But not regularly, for me, my body, and my circumstances.

Reactions: jjraak

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
View attachment 36724

What are your thoughts on this ?
I don't understand what the attraction is. If I wanted a little protein with no carbs or fat, then I would eat some chicken breast.
But usually I want some fat to both give flavour and to keep me feeling satiated,

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I don't understand what the attraction is. If I wanted a little protein with no carbs or fat, then I would eat some chicken breast.
But usually I want some fat to both give flavour and to keep me feeling satiated,
Not every eats meat.
Not everyone breaks food down into “I want protein”.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Again I try go for full fat Greek but occasionally I do have a pot of something like this or the high protein yoghurts for variety mainly. I add as much double cream as fits in the top of the pot and stir it through first to make it more filling though.

Reactions: Sweet_Sophie

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the advice and ideasofadding creams. Just sick of proteins and nuts sometimes.

Sweet_Sophie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Again I try go for full fat Greek but occasionally I do have a pot of something like this or the high protein yoghurts for variety mainly. I add as much double cream as fits in the top of the pot and stir it through first to make it more filling though.

I do that too