Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn’t realise I shared my day with Sir Frederick, 60 years young today. Levels on a nice level 5. Going to upset it with a high carb, high alcohol meal. Because I can! Whoop!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday becca
FB_IMG_1546206774196.jpg

Reactions: becca59

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The want a HBA1C before your DAFNE course so they can find out if the course has worked for you

I heard the nurses said that they’ll do blood results towards the end of the course to give everyone a chance to get their bloods done.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit moderately high today, sitting between 8-13.8. So today’s introduction has resulted in the nurse telling me that my prepump appointment for tomorrow is not happening and that it has moved to January. Apparently funding has only been approved for the pump only and without a CGM. I said to the nurse that I’m really confused. I asked another nurse with the letter back in September that it was for a pump and a CGM. But now I’m being told that was not the case. I am fully aware that both have different criterias. Towards the end the nurse said she’ll go find my consultant tomorrow to ask about getting funding approved for one. I explained that when I saw my consultant in June, I questioned whether I would benefit from a libre. He said it might help in terms of you testing so many times. He was hesistant about the dexcom but went ahead with prescribing the libre. I am almost coming to the end of my 6 month trial and I feel like someone else could have benefited from it. I’m not saying I didn’t find the information helpful. It was helpful but in terms of hypos, not so much. I then asked if CGM funding has been approved, would I be wearing a medtronic CGM or dexcom because I’m not sure if medtronic works without the pump but she said if I had a hand set for it, it would work. (Medtronic unfortunately doesn’t sync with my phone or anything) They will swap it once the pump training comes round. But I’m seeing my consultant soon & I feel he won’t be happy with me again. On a more positive note, the nurse and dietitian are both type 1s and both of them are on pumps. Session today went well despite a lot of rain, I think some roads are closed so I won’t be going to work today. There was a few elderly type 1s who found carb counting today quite overwhelming. One said she didn’t see the point of carb counting. I felt bad because there is a lot to take in. Especially when it comes round to talking about split dosing and reducing and increasing bolus/basal for certain activities. But would anyone bolus for citrus fruits like a lemon?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @MeiChanski ditched the cake for Profiteroles and they are all gone. Yum!
IMG_1573761136.645662.jpg

Had a gorgeous carb fest with lots of wine. All went well.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I somehow lost this thread from my alerts again.
My brain has been functioning like pudding since last sunday when the eye infection or whatever the problem is started, have been feeling like rubbish. Thankfully the gritty feeling has disappeared, but both eyes are still itchy and teary, and half glued shut upon waking.
I guess I'm having to call my GP tomorrow, as today I developed a funny rash as well in my face on either side of my eyes, on my chest and, judging by feel, in my neck as well. I never have rashes of any kind and I do not like it a bit!

I'd put my money on rubella, except I've been vaccinated as a child, and had a GP tell me I likely had rubella 10 years ago as well. Which is unlikely in the first place, but getting it twice, vaccinated and all seems impossible. Which makes me think it wasn't rubella 10 years ago either and whatever was ailing me then does so now as well.

As far as I remember it disappeared pretty quickly at the time, so hopefully it will do so now!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh ******, just found out I forgot to inject for my evening meal :banghead:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I somehow lost this thread from my alerts again.
My brain has been functioning like pudding since last sunday when the eye infection or whatever the problem is started, have been feeling like rubbish. Thankfully the gritty feeling has disappeared, but both eyes are still itchy and teary, and half glued shut upon waking.
I guess I'm having to call my GP tomorrow, as today I developed a funny rash as well in my face on either side of my eyes, on my chest and, judging by feel, in my neck as well. I never have rashes of any kind and I do not like it a bit!

I'd put my money on rubella, except I've been vaccinated as a child, and had a GP tell me I likely had rubella 10 years ago as well. Which is unlikely in the first place, but getting it twice, vaccinated and all seems impossible. Which makes me think it wasn't rubella 10 years ago either and whatever was ailing me then does so now as well.

As far as I remember it disappeared pretty quickly at the time, so hopefully it will do so now!

@Antje77 - I've had rubella twice - once as a child, and once very much an adult of child bearing age. That got the medics twitching. I have also been vaccinated., so I guess, like most vaccines, it's not 100% full proof.

I hope you feel better soon.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 - I've had rubella twice - once as a child, and once very much an adult of child bearing age. That got the medics twitching. I have also been vaccinated., so I guess, like most vaccines, it's not 100% full proof.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks!
So it actually is possible to get it more than once. If I remember correctly the treatment is a bit of patience, right? (And yes, I'll be good and call my GP too tomorrow)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to tell my dad to go to Vietnam without me because of insulin pump appointments in January. I’d be angry again if that wasn’t the case. I found out my bf has been digging into my bag of werthers original caramel sweets. He loves them as much as I do.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks!
So it actually is possible to get it more than once. If I remember correctly the treatment is a bit of patience, right? (And yes, I'll be good and call my GP too tomorrow)

For me, Rubella was uncomfortable and irritating. Unfortunately, the second time I was very unlucky and went on to develop a horrible post-viral poly arthritis thing that took a very long time to subside. I couldn't lift my arms up to brush my hair and going upstairs was a real trial, so don't be all brave on it. Give it some respect.

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday, @becca59!

Much cake baking is going on here, but more to sooth the very troubled souls of many of my colleagues who've all come up against something humungous that they are struggling to get their minds and emotions around. Some of them have had a double whammy and in consequence, it's been very grim this week. My students have also had to adapt to a fair amount of change these past couple of weeks, so they're getting cake too!! Young Vampire has decided raiding my emergency snack box is a better bet than cake as Friday is an active afternoon and the chances are it will be needed anyway - and my emergency snacks are more interesting than the usual biscuits!!

@Antje77 - I've also had rubella twice and mumps twice despite being vaccinated. However, I appear to be utterly immune to chickenpox as I never got it when my siblings got it twice!! Hoping it also means I can avoid shingles.

Reactions: becca59