ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Just had two days off work. Not because my blood sugars were high. I was just too exhausted to eat and just had to sleep. Feeling better today after basically sleeping for two days. It was like I had sleeping sickness or just plain burnout. Thinking about getting my iron levels checked. Have a great weekend everyone.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hello friends,

Thank you for all the messages. I’ve only managed to come back down to 4.8. I know colds, flu and infections can cause blood glucose levels to go crazy but I didn’t know I was unwell. I’m talking, walking, eating and getting on with my day. It was just my blood glucose was shockly scary. The person I saw to get blood ketones etc checked said I was irresponsible with my diabetes, I’m sitting there like wow I’ve been correcting, drinking, eating and going to work, how could I have known I have a throat infection. I brushed my sore throat for dehydration and not drinking enough.
Hope you're feeling back to your best soon. Your high BS certainly support that you are unwell.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had two days off work. Not because my blood sugars were high. I was just too exhausted to eat and just had to sleep. Feeling better today after basically sleeping for two days. It was like I had sleeping sickness or just plain burnout. Thinking about getting my iron levels checked. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi ert - That's pretty rotten, but hopefully you feel some benefit from the big sleep.

It might be worthwhile getting a decent broad blood panel done, t include hormones and vitamins. Low Vit D can be devastating and low thyroid levels can be equally so.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The person I saw to get blood ketones etc checked said I was irresponsible with my diabetes, I’m sitting there like wow I’ve been correcting, drinking, eating and going to work, how could I have known I have a throat infection. I brushed my sore throat for dehydration and not drinking enough.

Hey Mei,

Sounds like the HCP was a little irresponsible with the judgmental comment. ;)

You wouldn't have been there if you didn't care... :)

In other news. Was out gigging last night..
Bloods have been behaving with only a drop to 3.5, 45 minutes prior to finishing a 2.5 hour set. With a tickle back up to 6.5 with a little coke i keep handy (The drink not the drug.) for the big finale... Yeah i could feel something "coming on" mid song. Twas only when i scanned after, the numbers were shown..

& now have another tonight, further north up the M5.

Rock & roll...

My libre runs out on tuesday. shopping day is Sunday.
My wife has recently gotten into the habit of asking every two weeks "do we need to go to ASDA?"

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Something strange happened this morning with my BG. I had a couple of lows last night, had some food and it eventually went up. I had a very a late night and 4,9 before bed, so all was good. I awoke on another hypo, it was continually low during the night, so I had a yogurt drink and it went up to 7.6, so I didn't take any NovoRapid and at lunchtime BG was 6.4., then, I had my Tresiba and all day my readings have been pretty good. Not complaining at all, but this has never happened before and now 7.1 :happy::happy:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’m in the low camp today. Mostly in the 4s an below no matter what I have eaten. Perhaps the effect of yesterday’s gym and today’s cold weather. Or maybe socks.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I'll get that too, low days, where there is no explainable reason to keep dropping. It drives you a little nutty because you are doing everything you normally do and your body is doing it's own thing.

Last night my alarms went off with 2 lows, I set a temporary reduced rate both times and still woke up going low this morning. Had some pineapple and soymilk, a reduced dosing and now am dropping again. So now I've had a cookie and no dose..............lol and will freak when I go too high!!!!

@Diakat I think it's the socks! I just put on a fuzzy pair yesterday to wear around the house and looked what happened.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Early night last night and a lie in this morning - it must've been a bad week! My body's revenge for my mind's and soul's much needed shutdown and rest was an 11.5 on waking, but after a haircut, 18 miles worth of walking, several other errands + a bath l I landed in on a sneaky 3.7 before dinner.

My lovely little Tee2 meter, which got relegated to my spare meter once I was no longer self-funding, has finally given up on me. I changed the batteries but it's still refusing to function when I put a test strip in. It's done sterling duty since I was doing battle with spiralling out of control blood sugars no longer responding to diet, exercise or meds pre-LADA diagnosis and all the results from that meter helped me get the correct diagnosis! RIP little Tee2.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m in the low camp today. Mostly in the 4s an below no matter what I have eaten. Perhaps the effect of yesterday’s gym and today’s cold weather. Or maybe socks.
I do both camps today. Can't be the socks, as this is not the first day I've worn them :stinkyfeet: (why do we even have an emoji for stinky feet?).
I blame a little of that on the stupid itchy rubella virus that's making my diabetes more unpredictable and demanding larger doses of insulin than usual. The bigger part is likely my first yearly date with diabetes nurse plus internist next tuesday, and diabetes being minded to give me only ugly graphs to show them :sour:. Combined with my low hba1c and Libre sensors reading always lower than finger pricks, thus showing lots of red, it'll be an interesting first date with my DN.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, since being high from morning to mid afternoon. I went to work anyway despite manager saying it was okay for me to stay at home, I was on single digits and I was quite happy to go home on an 8.7.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just rolled in from a gig in the West Midlands.

Some interesting revelry in the crowd tonight.
Getting up to sing on the choruses then drinking "shots" from a trainer (yep, a shoe..) they loved a bit of ACa DaCAh, Bon Jovi & Motley Crue..
They must have felt stuffy in those flashing Chrismas jumpers too..
It was starting to look more like an 80's Crue vid when they removed em.! ;)

You may think it was a "works night out" for these folk? The "gaffer" certainly looked unimpressed with the behaviour of these 3 young ladies..
Nope, it was a family out for a quiet one... \m/ :cool::D

The dad (not the boss as it turned out.) actually shook my hand & apologised for their conduct at the end of the night...

Oddly, I'm. 2 hours late with my basal.. Packing up & before driving back I was 7.6, by the time I got home an hour & 15 later? 7.1.

Should these "antics" witnessed have elevated my BG in the event of a basal tail off & depletion?

Lol, nope. I've seen far worse in my time..

Rock on... \m/

Reactions: Japes

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Something strange happened this morning with my BG. I had a couple of lows last night, had some food and it eventually went up. I had a very a late night and 4,9 before bed, so all was good. I awoke on another hypo, it was continually low during the night, so I had a yogurt drink and it went up to 7.6, so I didn't take any NovoRapid and at lunchtime BG was 6.4., then, I had my Tresiba and all day my readings have been pretty good. Not complaining at all, but this has never happened before and now 7.1 :happy::happy:

Hi Robin.

Must be something in the air..? See my previous post.

Regarding your experience. (I'm not sure if you drink or not.) was there any alcohol involved with your late evening..
That can kind of do it for me..? (Keeps the liver busy?)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, since being high from morning to mid afternoon. I went to work anyway despite manager saying it was okay for me to stay at home, I was on single digits and I was quite happy to go home on an 8.7.

Your manager seems quite understanding. (If it was the same one that slapped you the other day?) ;)
"8.7 " I would be quite happy with that too.. Was this a Libre reading or from a finger prick?

I happen to know my meter reads 15% higher than a calibrated NHS meter? & oddly so does my Libre using Glimp to interpret what's going on with the sensor.
For me using Libre link app reads lower than the standard estimate with the 15%!off.. So I just tend to use it to activate a sensor & leave it at that.

Hope your throat the infection improves?
Strangely, I can't remember the last time I ever got one. (Even with lurgey.) which is every "singist's" nightmare...

I find since I stopped working with kids & members of the general public, even the lurg is few & far between.

Last edited: