Cholesterol and Statins

John_73

I've just landed on this thread regarding cholesterol and statins. On top of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes which was hereditary I was also told that my cholesterol levels were high and needed to be brought down to acceptable levels.
Mid August this year my older brother passed away from heart disease he was 53 years of age. He was also on statins to lower his cholesterol levels however we did find out that he actually stopped taking the statins sometime ago as he already had a skin issue and was worried it would make it worse. I've been taking statins (one a day) along with a one a day tablet for my type 2 diabetes. Im now worried that what I'm taking can or will do me more harm than good in the long run.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You have every right to question the use of this drug. Some here do not, but many many more do. Individual choice I'm afraid

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yet more evidence.. as if it were needed..

https://medium.com/feed-your-brain/how-cholesterol-makes-your-brain-smarter-c2bccaeadfe

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 11.38.46.png

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To put it politely, what the **** is going on with statins? As if I didn’t know!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting article about cholesterol, triglycerides, carbs and heart disease and the buried science of the 60’s

https://www.crossfit.com/essentials/its-the-insulin-resistance-stupid-part-1

Cheers @HSSS

Absolutely fascinating.

So mimics my drop in trigs since going LCHF

How sad that was all known About so long ago.

And interesting the prevalence that so many had IR who didn't present with T2D.

How frustrating, they seem to have identified that we have been eating ourselves into decline, advancing illnesses as we age and earlier deaths, just by following "Expert " advise that is anything but.

Happy I now seen to be out of the loop, but so sad to know almost every one else is on that poor health conveyor belt.

Reactions: Goonergal

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great piece explaining how statins work and the nasty things they may be doing to you by Nick Mailer

I really enjoyed this talk. He’s put together such an entertaining talk. The link seems broken in the original post now. I think it is now:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really enjoyed this talk. He’s put together such an entertaining talk. The link seems broken in the original post now. I think it is now:
Thanks for that.. hopefully I have now corrected the initial posting...

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ep46 Dr. Stephen Hussey on Why is Heart Cancer so Rare? Find out here!

Reactions: Evie-D

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest Fat Emperor podcast: Ep47 Arthur Agatston MD: South Beach Cardio Special - Part 1 of 2:

Reactions: Pasha

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ep47 - part 2 of 2 - Arthur Agatston MD - South Beach Cardio Special LDL Cholesterol Demystified

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This Christmas marked three years since I binned the tablets - I sang a couple of songs almost from memory - I had the words and only needed to glance at them a couple of times so as not to muddle up the order. Forgetting as much as I did really gave my confidence a knock, but hopefully this means my brain has recovered. I am told that Atorvastatin and Metformin for just over a month could not possibly have such an effect. Yeah - right.

Reactions: Daphne917