Reasonable HbA1c Expectation

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going for my HbA1c test on Wednesday. There is this anxious anticipation of that event.
I have been taking a regular daily test everyday, and the following are the average readings for 90 days
(my meter can't go any more than that):

Fasting: 5.8
Before meals: 5.8
After meals: 7.0

Overall: 6.6

I'm concerned about the 7.0 (after meals) - since my past HbA1c reading about 3 months ago was 7.0 (which made me a diabetic type 2). And the over-all rating of 6.6, still put me as a diabetic.

Based on the average readings above - what would be a reasonable expectation for this coming HbA1c test?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Based on the average readings above - what would be a reasonable expectation for this coming HbA1c test?
Depends on if you're missing a lot of different numbers. But here's a chart that compares average glucose to hba1c:

Reactions: jjraak and angustia

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going for my HbA1c test on Wednesday. There is this anxious anticipation of that event.
I have been taking a regular daily test everyday, and the following are the average readings for 90 days
(my meter can't go any more than that):

Fasting: 5.8
Before meals: 5.8
After meals: 7.0

Overall: 6.6

I'm concerned about the 7.0 (after meals) - since my past HbA1c reading about 3 months ago was 7.0 (which made me a diabetic type 2). And the over-all rating of 6.6, still put me as a diabetic.

Your HbA1c is in a percentage. Your glucose reading at home is in mmol/l. It's a different measurement, the same numbers don't apply. You're doing pretty good! Breathe! :)