What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 after a lousy sleep and waking with a cough. Now need to fix the cough before it gets a full hold. Duvet days, menthol inhalations and golden milk will hopefully do the trick. Fasting blood levels will have lower priority until sorted cough. Breathing is sort of important . o_O
The golden milk is that with Turmeric ?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning at 7.00. Not a surprise really considering that last night it was 17.1. Didn't think I was having too many carbs, but it was a hungry 3 meal day. Must be the cold and damp dark days making me hungrier than usual.
Yes the cold dark and wet days make it harder to resist the comforting carbs :)

Reactions: Freema

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The golden milk is that with Turmeric ?
Yes, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamon, and black pepper in almond milk warmed is how I take it. It does help ease congestion in sinuses and lungs for me.
So far, I just have a wheeze and sore throat with slight cough. Trying to ward off any deterioration that will affect breathing and will need steroid meds, because that will set back blood glucose levels progress.
Today fasting was 7.1

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning - lovely to see a number in the 4s. I get very few and far between of them for FBGs. Went to bed relatively early for me around 10:30, so maybe the couple of hours extra sleep has benefitted me.:)