DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
Pretty interesting weekend, got to meat the amazing @LooperCat (again) and I will say it again "thank you so much"
Grand daughters 4th birthday yesterday and all afternoon and evening whatever I did my bloods would not go below 12.5! I am guessing too many Jaffa Cakes and sarnies (trying to count carbs when your stuffing your face is never easy):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Woke to a 7.8 this morning thou :)

I'm rather hoping you weren't one of @LooperCat 's customers?

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast . How was Santa? Hope you’ve put your order in for a new and fully functioning pancreas.
I ask every year and always end up with some “ pancetta”. I wouldn’t mind but I don’t even like salami.[/QUOTE]

I did ask @therower , but Santa said ( quietly underneath his breath) that the elves are no elf at all, because every time the elves in the workshop hear the words 'make a new pancreas' they are in fits of hysterics and can't do an elfing thing, so Santa has had to admit defeat :bigtears: :( but said watch this space.................o_O
The reindeer where cute, especially the babies, who were born in May.

Reactions: Juicyj and Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit high today 13.8 but I’m on my way down in time for lunch. I am a bit annoyed because my nose is blocked and I’m struggling to breathe. Hayfever season was over a long time ago and I regularly clean the house etc. So it’s winter hayfever? Or dry air? Antihistamines doesn’t seem to help but my mornings are afternoons are grotty. It’s horrible with a throat infection. :(

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning chaps. Rest day. So I’m resting. Actually that’s ********, I’m going shopping and cooking/baking for my next three shifts. A day, then a late, then a night. Then out with an A&E consultant in the rapid response car on the weekend. Bring it on! Been 100% in range for the last 24 hours, which covers over fourteen hours doing paramedic stuff and driving back and forth from my base station. It was almost eight hours into our shift before we could get a break for food, was quite hungry by that point, I must confess. I had quite a big “lunch” at 3pm of roasted vegetables, vegan kebab “meat”, konjac rice, hot smoked salmon and hard boiled duck eggs. Was only 11g carbs, so had a 1.05u dose to wash it down, and stayed steady. Without sounding like an intolerable low carb evangelical, I’m not sure I’d be able to do this job with a load of carbs and insulin in my system - I was never able to match the timings, as you know. And with the sheer unpredictability of a shift, regular mealtimes are a rare, almost mythical occurrence! I set my watch to buzz me at 4.5mmol when I’m on duty, so I can pop a dextrose tablet to keep things on an even keel. All good so far, I’ve already got a reputation as a “sh.. magnet”, as we’re getting a cardiac arrest every shift :D

(edit: asterisks by mod for language)
Well done @LooperCat that's *********, self moderation. Brilliant

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
So high most of the day, around 10-12, went out running this evening after tea at 6.7, thinking I'd got some leverage, 20 mins later I'm at 3.1 with a downward arrow, I've run in the cold before but slightly thrown by the fact I'd dropped so quickly with no insulin on board as had turned my pump down 30 minutes before, running club were fab and took me back to the start, then ransacked the supermarket, never had a hypo in a Winter run before, type 1 playing mysterious tricks.

Now at 10.2 and going straight up..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So high most of the day, around 10-12, went out running this evening after tea at 6.7, thinking I'd got some leverage, 20 mins later I'm at 3.1 with a downward arrow, I've run in the cold before but slightly thrown by the fact I'd dropped so quickly with no insulin on board as had turned my pump down 30 minutes before, running club were fab and took me back to the start, then ransacked the supermarket, never had a hypo in a Winter run before, type 1 playing mysterious tricks.

Now at 10.2 and going straight up..

Spooky.. I had a 7.2 & dropped whilst out, coming home to a 3.1 earlier on this evening.. All I did was walk the dog.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m very excited about the black friday sales. Ya girl is ready for next week and this week for the early sales :)
BG not too shabby today apart from the one single dangerous hypo I had tonight.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So have yall tried marmite peanut butter? I can’t quite make up my mind yet. On the other hand, my manager has boosted my hours from 20 to 28 to 36. I cri internally. But she is purging again this week (she planned on who to purge 2-3 weeks ago and another 3 have to go) so some of us might get even more hours than what we asked for. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. I’m confused because at the start we all stated our availability and since she’s kicked three people that automatically gives everyone else more hours than what we (part timers) asked for. Even more confusing when she said she’ll give the extra hours to the person who deserves it but I’m like even if I deserved it, it doesn’t mean I can do the extra hours because I was happy with what I was assigned to. I’d love to accept more hours if I wasn’t studying or finished studying.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m very excited about the black friday sales. Ya girl is ready for next week and this week for the early sales :)
BG not too shabby today apart from the one single dangerous hypo I had tonight.

Hope you detected & recovered from the low OK?
It can take time to work out what's going on when waking from them. I usually get the feeling we've been burgled ot I'm late for work..

The sales.. Never seems to be anything I want in them? My reasoning is if they can slash the prices at certain times of the year, why not retail with that price tag initially...? ;)

My advice to you would be, spend wisely... You may find you might need that cash in the new year! :banghead:

Having said that. I have been perusing some lighter "bang for buck" PA equipment.. My amp & speakers these days are a bit of a lug about. The kit was used when I got it nearly 30 years ago. Still a great sound. But try hawking it out the venue at the end of the night. The diary seems to be filling for next year too!

For some of the smaller gigs it looks a bit intimidating.. Lol.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@LooperCat It was a lot harder when I worked as I could never count on taking a lunch or if I had a lunch break when that would end up being. I used to take a morning dose to cover breakfast that I ate right before work and a snack, which was usually a 8 oz soymilk because I could drink it on the go. Then I would have something sitting on the counter to snack on like edamame or fruit that I could grab a couple of pieces as I wanted to. Looking back on it now I wonder how I managed an A1C of 50-53 back then. I was on MDI and used to use double the insulin than I do now. I was really busy so I'm sure that helped keep my Bg levels from being bad.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, my phone won't connect to my sensor, maybe because it's cold here, as Jack Frost has been about. So used my Accu-Chek and it's 3.4.
Happy Tuesday :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sorry haven't been posting much recently - just been busy being me. BGs have been just about ok. @LooperCat have you been parking the Ambo fun bus in awkward places......seem to remember seeing a BBC article the other day about a 'unhappy' note left on an ambulance parked across someones drive whilst they attended an emergency - some people!

@SueJB hows the garden and more importantly the neighbours? think the river has dropped a little, didn't have to drive through it this morning - yesterday it was just lapping on to the side of a road I commute on, this morning it had receded (the road is usually about 2m above normal river level - the fields the other side are well and truly flood plain.)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, sorry haven't been posting much recently - just been busy being me. BGs have been just about ok. @LooperCat have you been parking the Ambo fun bus in awkward places......seem to remember seeing a BBC article the other day about a 'unhappy' note left on an ambulance parked across someones drive whilst they attended an emergency - some people!

@SueJB hows the garden and more importantly the neighbours? think the river has dropped a little, didn't have to drive through it this morning - yesterday it was just lapping on to the side of a road I commute on, this morning it had receded (the road is usually about 2m above normal river level - the fields the other side are well and truly flood plain.)
Morning all, BG still playing silly. High again and I'm off to see the consultant for my 6 monthly review. I'm sure I'm going to get tutted at and possibly a finger wagging. Hate people who point literally. As a teacher trainer, an open hand was always the best gesture.
@slip the water has gone down again. I reckon the stream at the bottom of the garden if down by 1ft. Fingers crossed for no rain coming down from further north

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Off to my first date with a DN ever. They've planned in a whole hour for it, so a bit nervous what it will be all about. She can't be wanting to tickle my feet for 45 minutes I expect.
Appointment with the DN will be directly followed by the one with the internist (we don't really do endo's around here). Internist was very nice when I saw her 6 months ago so that should be ok.

Nerves are annoying but I can soothe them a bit by telling them that in 3 hours it will will be over and I won't have to deal with diabetes reviews or blood draws again until the winter of 2020 :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think I may have an UTI, I phoned my surgery and no GP's are available, so I am waiting for a consultation phone call from the duty GP, god it is uncomfortable and I think this is the first time I have had a UTI, I remember getting thrush when I was first diagnosed, but that was a long time ago, off to the loo again :arghh: