What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3-I see @shelley262 has replied on the DGF stuff and you've ordered! I had a lot in the freezer. I'm pretty much on the same page. I still have the (not available now) lemon drizzle in the freezer and I agree the choc brownie is lovely. Also agree on the strawberry and cream blondie. Just tried the salted caramel blondie tonight and it's nice but I prefer the strawberry and cream. The pumpkin spice is really spicy. All of these are nice warmed with some berries and a little cream. @ianpspurs - glad you got the boiler done. I've been with British Gas Homecare for years. It's great cover.
@PenguinMum - a belated, very belated birthday wish.
Monday 11 November - bed 5.9 FBG 5.3. Back at Aqua and still a little dizzy but not as bad as I was.
B. TAG with ADOC and No 2 was over his tantrum.
L. Slice LC toast with dairylea.
D. Veal liver, few onions, spinach and a fried egg. Followed by a DGF Millionaire shortbread (I'm VERY keen on these @DJC3)

Tuesday 12 November - bed 6.7 FBG 6.3. Still playing catch up with the washing and ironing. Weather is awful and I'm struggling to stay on top of all the swimming towels. The Pod from Lakeland is going well but there are so many towels I could do with 2 or 3 of them.
B. TAG with ADOC and still on LC toast with dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Salmon fillet and a spoonful of prawns, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg and helmans. DGF Millionaire shortbread.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Disaster has just struck. Lid to my beloved slow cooker shattered in the washing up bowl :bigtears: hadn’t even eaten anything delicious from it tonight.

After a day of gluttony yesterday - all day meeting at an external site which is a) next to Hotel Chocolat and b) provides lunch which is mostly irrelevant to my way of eating, but includes delicious sausages (no one else got a look in) and also had some frittata with no pastry/potatoes or other nasties :D - more restrained today.

Lunch was bacon, eggs and cheese followed by 50g 85% chocolate

Dinner was garlic and Parmesan chicken wings
Have you tried the manufacturer to see if the lid can be purchased as a spare part?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Been really busy with work, so haven't posted in a week. Missed you all.

@Brunneria -- I keep nuts, chocolate and babybels in my office. Babybels will keep at least for a while, but probably not a month.
@PenguinMum -- Seems as if you had wonderful time with your son and his girlfriend. The food you prepared sounds delicious.
@ianpspurs -- What a wonderful vacation and attentive chef. Hope you're enjoying your time there.
@maglil55 -- Great that the TV is finally set up. Have you watched a lot of movies yet. The order from Dr. Almond arrived, and I prepared about 100g of the pasta dough, probably needed a bit more water, though. In the end, I managed to get about 2/3 of it made into noodles, which were great btw.

Today ...

Very early breakfast due to long work day: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol, a bowl of soup and 30g of chicken cracklings.

Snack at work: About 10 macadamia nuts, three babybel cheeses.

Dinner: A ground ribeye burger patty with cheddar and guacamole. Lamb's lettuce with a balsamico-lime-olive-oil dressing, about 25g of feta and 9 raspberries. Two glasses of red wine.

Late night snack: Another 30g of chicken cracklings.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Monday: B= Tea with almond milk, reading, 1 hr weights with personal trainer; lemon tea, scrambled egg, mushrooms, feta and 2 slices tomato, bowl of salad - leaves, cherry toms, pickled cucumber, chia seeds, olive oil; L= americano and lemon tea in Pathos old town; hot choc mid afternoon watching sun set over the sea (no low carb choc but almond milk); Eve: Leaf salad with octopus, haloumi and okra salads plus lamb kleftico and chicken souvla followed by a little cheese, some walnut and hazelnuts - approx 1 oz between the 2, literally 2 sips of red wine. Once again the chef talked me through the meats - also talked a few other guest with different needs through the menu.[/QU
Good evening from Cyprus. This is what I can recall of today's menu. B= Tea, gym, shower: Smoked salmon, pastrami, green salad, almonds, various Cypriot cheeses, (gorgeous goat cheese), cherry tomatoes, olive oil - outside in sunshine; L= CWC and TWC some salad leaves from Julie’s meal; Swimming (Furthest I have ever swum 10 lengths, pleased as no lessons or swimming since July - indoors) Eve: Green salad and octopus salad, carvery meats, chicken, lamb and beef (beef was dry and lamb leg not as good as shoulder) broccoli and cauliflower, cheese and about 4 almonds + some gherkins about 1/3 glass of wine from last night's bottle. 1 hr with personal trainer before breakfast tomorrow - I may ache after.
Edited to add: Once again, manager took me to meet chef and check there was suitable food or if I wanted anything else. Love this service.
this place sounds wonderful a great holiday and a chef that caters for your requirements love it

Reactions: ianpspurs

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
My BSL in morning is between 4.8 or 6.1 these days but I do believe it is spiking then dropping quickly due to what I have been eating. I know what I do but keep doing it so yesterdays breakfast ricotta/cream cheese ketto waffles and butter maple syrup with black coffee. I need to found something to replace the maple syrup as it spikes the BSL any suggestions as I can't do the sugar free syrups due to side effects.

I went up the road as Woolworth's have almond flour and coconut oil on special so brought some supplies. stone fruit are now coming onto the markets here and they are my absolute weakness I brought some nectarines at the same time in my head saying not to buy them but temptation is to much I absolutely enjoy stone fruits but how do you avoid them. dinner had left overs from dinner two days ago of rump kebabs salad warped in a small Lebanese bread wrap with avocado and garlic dressing I was full but still manged to eat nectarines

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 19/11/19
Breakfast: usual low carb porridge, 104g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 150g lettuce, 100g ham, 29g cheese, mustard, hot sauce. Nice herbal tea, peppermint, ginger and lemon go together well.
Dinner: 200g chicken breast, 270g cauliflower, 170g green beans, salt, pepper, cayenne.
As a treat a purchased a long black coffee in the afternoon, getting used to black coffee.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today 19/11/19
Breakfast: usual low carb porridge, 104g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 150g lettuce, 100g ham, 29g cheese, mustard, hot sauce. Nice herbal tea, peppermint, ginger and lemon go together well.
Dinner: 200g chicken breast, 270g cauliflower, 170g green beans, salt, pepper, cayenne.
As a treat a purchased a long black coffee in the afternoon, getting used to black coffee.

I’m trying to get used to black coffee too. I just love coffee with cream but find I drink too much like that so try to have just black coffee after my early morning cafetière. It is getting gradually easier.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just tea (with milk) until about 1.15pm, then a few berries (strawberries and raspberries - about 10 in total) with cream.

More tea until about 6pm and then (just now) had my meatballs in onion and tomato sauce with 3 little peanut waffles. Feeling very full right now. I think I should try to buy minced beef with a higher proportion of fat to lean. This was 5%:95% - bordering on the edge of being too dry - the sauce saved it. Could just have had the sauce and waffles, it was really good.

PS If I have coffee, I prefer it black and strong but only have it once in a blue moon. Have to say - I've been chilly and my feet have been cold all day but I'm sitting here at my desk with my toes resting on a radiator - it's very comforting. Maybe I should drink more coffee to warm me up.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to add this image of my meatballs but the program wasn't having it. I'll try again:

meatballs 1.JPG

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg with half a toasted chaffle
Lunch a chaffle made into a cheese and ham toastie.
Dinner beef curry with cauliflower rice and glass of dry white wine followed by sf jelly and yoghurt with cream
Decaff coffee and cream planned for later with some 100% choc. Made a Hotel Chocolat order today for some Christmas stuff with free delivery code and have ordered their zero carb chocolate cream - has had anyone tried it? Did do home made ‘baileys’ last year but although I liked it mum wasn’t impressed so hoping this may go down better with her! Also got more lc lemon cakes made and frozen ahead of her visit in a few weeks!
Heard some very sad news about my work boss’s partner who has just been given a diagnosis of terminal brain cancer - both of them in their 40s and seemed fit and healthy a bit of a shock and makes you think.......

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CWC first thing then nothing til lunch at 2pm - leftover roast chicken with salad of lettuce, 1/2 avocado 2 cherry toms and h/m Mayo. Raspberries and extra thick cream to follow.
Dinner was DD bacon and mushroom breakfast casserole ( crustless quiche) very good. More salad and h/m Mayo. 2 glasses dry white - risky!
@shelley262 zero carb chocolate cream sounds wonderful, I haven’t even seen it let alone tried it, but I’ll be looking out for it