Grrr

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So went for appt today. DN started spouting off about how I can avoid the sugar swings by having weetabix.
The swings are because I was off meds but her opinion was to eat carbs!!

honestly I give up.
Anyway injection fine although every twinge i think it’s side effects lol!!

and I’m sticking to the Keto!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So went for appt today. DN started spouting off about how I can avoid the sugar swings by having weetabix.

honestly I give up.

Funnily enough, I was in a meeting yesterday evening with someone who has started on a weekly injection recently (I didn't ask what it was. It wasn't the arena for that). She mentioned she, although an HCP herself, had been very nervy about it, but declared it to be, in these early days, a success for her.

Fingers crossed for you.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

honestly I give up.

Can I just ask..
If your last HbA1c was 54 and that was with no meds? (I think) why have the HCP's started you on trulicity?
Have you had another HbA1c that has gone up a lot higher in the interim..?
Trying to see what's going on with you...

Reactions: angustia

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Can I just ask..
If your last HbA1c was 54 and that was with no meds? (I think) why have the HCP's started you on trulicity?
Have you had another HbA1c that has gone up a lot higher in the interim..?
Trying to see what's going on with you...
The 54 was with meds albeit lower dose for much of it. But it was static from previous test. A few weeks ago I discussed my finger oricks with dr and that albeit stable they had risen. So although food wasn’t spiking they were still now in the 9-10 rather than 5-7 or 8. So because of that she wanted me to go onto meds.
I’m happy sort of because I haven’t been feeling great. Lists of symptoms I used to have but didn’t know was diabetes.

Plus last weeks hba1c was 58 so a slight rise

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 54 was with meds albeit lower dose for much of it. But it was static from previous test. A few weeks ago I discussed my finger oricks with dr and that albeit stable they had risen. So although food wasn’t spiking they were still now in the 9-10 rather than 5-7 or 8. So because of that she wanted me to go onto meds.
I’m happy sort of because I haven’t been feeling great. Lists of symptoms I used to have but didn’t know was diabetes.

Plus last weeks hba1c was 58 so a slight rise
Ok thanks for the info.. no chance of a c-peptide test then to check your insulin production?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Ok thanks for the info.. no chance of a c-peptide test then to check your insulin production?
I spoke to dr this morning and she said she didn’t see point as I’m not showing signs of type 1 or lada etc.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I spoke to dr this morning and she said she didn’t see point as I’m not showing signs of type 1 or lada etc.

"So although food wasn’t spiking they were still now in the 9-10 rather than 5-7 or 8. So because of that she wanted me to go onto meds."

I would have thought those were exactly the signs that your insulin production might be inadequate.. still what do I know...

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your foods are not spiking you and yet your blood glucose levels are rising - no symptoms of insulin insufficiency? Throw in not feeling quite right, and probably no change in diet too - yet symptoms of diabetes creeping back - some people could get really sarcastic about a lack of joined up thinking.

Reactions: HSSS

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
"So although food wasn’t spiking they were still now in the 9-10 rather than 5-7 or 8. So because of that she wanted me to go onto meds."

I would have thought those were exactly the signs that your insulin production might be inadequate.. still what do I know...
I don’t know I’m not a Dr. I can only repeat what she said. If she doesn’t want me to have the test that’s her decision. Not much I can do really.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Your foods are not spiking you and yet your blood glucose levels are rising - no symptoms of insulin insufficiency? Throw in not feeling quite right, and probably no change in diet too - yet symptoms of diabetes creeping back - some people could get really sarcastic about a lack of joined up thinking.
Again I’m not a dr so I don’t know. i can only say what I got told.