Lipid Subfractions test results

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Ken also says that these sub fraction tests are no better/no worse than the HDL/Trig ratio.
I've come to the conclusion that noone really knows for sure how cholesterol works... :wacky:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I've come to the conclusion that noone really knows for sure how cholesterol works... :wacky:
Ken, Dave, Siobhan and Ivor have a pretty good idea. And Malcolm is tip top on the whole shebbang.

Reactions: Cocosilk

Thomas the Tank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing that I haven't found a clear answer for is whether this amount of Small Dense LDL warrants trying a statin (probably not I imagine) and whether or not statins will actually lower Small Dense LDL.

But Ken Sikaris says statins DO reduce small dense LDL and truly help those with familial hypercholesterolemia

I'd love to hear your experiences!
Nothing warrants loading your body with toxins like statins unless you are one of the very small minority with
familial hypercholesterolemia. Cholesterol is not the problem in any of its types!

Reactions: Cocosilk

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing warrants loading your body with toxins like statins unless you are one of the very small minority with
familial hypercholesterolemia. Cholesterol is not the problem in any of its types!
So would you feel confident in recommending, to your wife say, who had a previous heart attack and had been put on statins by a consultant that she should stop as they were were toxins?

Thomas the Tank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So would you feel confident in recommending, to your wife say, who had a previous heart attack and had been put on statins by a consultant that she should stop as they were were toxins?

A resounding YES especially as they are even more toxic to women than men! Lowering cholesterol in women especially over the age of 50 is tantamount to attempted murder.

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A resounding YES especially as they are even more toxic to women than men! Lowering cholesterol in women especially over the age of 50 is tantamount to attempted murder.

That is a very strong statement, and one with which I strongly disagree.
There are many many health care professionals out there who recommend statins to their patients with the best intentions and in the belief (because that is what they have been trained to understand) that statins will help the patient.

If you are going to accuse people of attempted murder, please provide exhaustive and conclusive evidence of it.

However, I recommend that if you have any such proof then presenting it on an internet forum is inappropriate. You should present it to the police.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't make up my example, my wife did have a heart attack and was prescribed statins amongst other things. She would be unlikely to take my advice, based on Internet reading, over a professional opinion but I wouldn't give it anyway, how would I feel if she had another attack? My wife has been taking statins for several years now and she doesn't have any obvious side effects, what she also doesn't have is the continual worry that she might have another attack due to not following professional advice. It's quite different dealing with a real person to making an anonymous statement on an Internet forum.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry Thomas, it's obvious you feel strongly about it but that is an irresponsible comment in my opinion. There are many people in many scenarios that do feel they benefit from statins in certain circumstances, who are we to insult them?, it's one thing not taking them because of a risk factor and for something you haven't got but when other health conditions are involved it may be a different matter for some. It's about choice and as for 'murder'? Ridiculous.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't make up my example, my wife did have a heart attack and was prescribed statins amongst other things. She would be unlikely to take my advice, based on Internet reading, over a professional opinion but I wouldn't give it anyway, how would I feel if she had another attack? My wife has been taking statins for several years now and she doesn't have any obvious side effects, what she also doesn't have is the continual worry that she might have another attack due to not following professional advice. It's quite different dealing with a real person to making an anonymous statement on an Internet forum.

Mr Pot, you definitely do NOT need to justify yourself or your wife's decision. x

Thomas the Tank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a very strong statement, and one with which I strongly disagree.
There are many many health care professionals out there who recommend statins to their patients with the best intentions and in the belief (because that is what they have been trained to understand) that statins will help the patient.

If you are going to accuse people of attempted murder, please provide exhaustive and conclusive evidence of it.

However, I recommend that if you have any such proof then presenting it on an internet forum is inappropriate. You should present it to the police.
Watch this space! As to "There are many many health care professionals out there who recommend statins to their patients with the best intentions" Remember the maxim "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions."

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A number of posts have been edited or deleted for breaking forum rules. Please keep the discussion civil and evidence based.