Defatizing with Herbalife by Kenny

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be hesitant to mix the Optislim shakes with a lo-carb regime. The shakes are a convenient breakfast, but if I was lo-carbing I'd use an Atkins shake. Optislim have LOTS of sugar in 'em (>20g per serving - almost ALL sugar).

Don't want to mix up you regimes!

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
But still yerrrr but yer but YER :!:
My BG come down to normal levels 2+hrs with no Meds :?:
So do we need some to make things work now :?:

Kenny

I've been off the wagon for weeks now. Interesting that I've only put back 1Kg of all the weight I lost, and I reckon there's been some permanent positive benefit in blood sugar control and general liver function (nice skin).

I'm seriously thinking of getting back with the program from Monday onwards.

suzybee

Dislikes
Narrow minded judgemental people who make other peoples lives difficult by their voiced attitudes.
I say well done to all of you that are taking control of your health in whatever way you choose to do it. I am a Herbalife convert from many years ago when we used to go out in the streets wearing badges with "Lose weight now ask me how" and actually sold the product as well as used very successfully. I did feel a bit headachey in the beginning and a lot of that is the lack of sugar that we have previously been used to having but yes the need to drink plenty of water is really important and I still now on a normal calorie controlled diet (yes I put loads back on eventually after becoming disabled and in a wheelchair)always try to drink at least 8 glasses of water or similar and that has a brilliant effect on the skin as well as it helps to stop it drying out as much as you are properly hydrating your body. I have not gone back on the Herbalife diet as I could not afford it this time and also felt I needed to find a way to live my life healthily and not as much diet but just control my intake and make trades if I had eaten something a bit off the normal range of choices. I fully and wholeheartedly agree with the people that are doing the medically supervised 600/800 cal diet to help with weight loss and the chance to rid themselves of diabetes though and wish in a way that I had done that at the beginning of my weight loss battle but in a way I probably did because not with supervision ( I know it was stupid) I started my weight loss regime for 2 months at 700/800 calories and used a calorie book from Collins and an accurate set of digital weighing scales to weigh and measure everything but made sure I included as much healthy food as possible which meant plenty of fruit and veg and low fat products but I always included carbs in balance too as without them I just get to feeling so sick. I now live on 1000-1200 cals a day and since last August despite being very sedentary and wheelchair bound I have managed to lose over 4 and a half stone so far. You go guys!!!! My life feels so much better and it is really good to see my face in a mirror now and see cheekbones looking back at me. I still need to lose another 5 stone but I will get there in my own sweet time. I do drink Green tea I must add and I find that is great for helping weight loss and fluid retention. Hope you all get over your headaches etc and that the diet is successful in every way for you. :D :) :D :) Oh I forgot to say that I am a type 2 and have a normal hba1c of 5.6 and take metphormin 1 with breakfast and 2 with my main meal. I am just about 53 years old and only 5'2" short and now weigh 15stone 4lbs but at my absolute worst I got up to 21stone 9lbs and that was when I was diagnosed with diabetes but managed to get 2 stone off by diet alone in the beginning. My only wish is that I could exercise but due to having 2 collapsed hips and chronic fibromyalgia I find that impossible at the moment. Do you all have high cholesterol levels? I don't and in fact only have a level of 2.2. :!: :idea: :)

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Welcome back Kenny come and an join in the waters still warm I just had a pee in it 8)
Try Slim-Fast or Optmifast if you cant get on with the Herblife Plus stuff

[youtube]QVS3WNt7yRU[/youtube]

Kenny

Thanks bob. Tomorrow I will be hungry, but happy to be back with my buddies on the greatest diet known to man.

NewdestinyX

Kenny said:
Thanks bob. Tomorrow I will be hungry, but happy to be back with my buddies on the greatest diet known to man.
Welcome back, Kenny. But I will say that a 'diet' is only 'the best known to man' if it can
a)accomplish its goals [jury's out for me on this one]
and
b) if it can be maintained for a lifetime and not promote 'off the wagon times'.

Most people on 'this' diet will end up like you have - starting and restarting endlessly.

Why? Because it promotes 'starvation' - a condition the body will do anything in its power to get out of. You're basically very normal, Kenny, which is why you shouldn't feel any defeat. You can't defeat the 'body's urge' to get out of starvation any more than you can stop the urge to 'go to the bathroom'. And 'maybe' you can make this diet work for you in spurts.

The net effect, though, is that you'll be toying on and off with a very lo carb diet and that alone will have POSITIVE effects for controlling your D and overall health. But it won't be 'the 600/800k' diet that you started this thread for nor will it provide the 'same results' as what this diet promises. You have to make the whole 8 weeks with no 'off the wagon' moments.

My hope for you is just that you'd be on a permanently healthy food/exercise/med regimen that works for you long term.

That's what I've found with 70-100g of carbs a day, portion control, low GI, very little fast acting insulin and an active cycling/gym regimen. I never feel hungry and I eat some of all the foods I grew up loving. I have the same or better numbers for BG levels and lipids as anyone on the very low carb diets, continue to be able to lose weight, don't have to harshly restrict what I eat, and, the best part: There are no 'unsafe/bad foods' for me! 8) Thank goodness!!

I still support you, mate!