Type 2 high readings

Lucylockets

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For about the last week I’ve been ranging between 14-23 I have my diabetes nurse next week but now starting to feel really unwell. Any advice on how to deal with my current situation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Lucylockets

Can you say a bit more? Has anything changed for you recently? What are your usual readings?

Your profile page mentions that you’re taking metformin. Is that your only diabetes medication? If so, I’d suggest cutting your carbohydrate intake down as low as possible at least until you see the nurse. However if you continue to feel very unwell, I’d suggest calling 111 or asking your GP for an urgent appointment.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Lucylockets .

In a post a year ago you mention being on insulin. If this is still the case then your readings and your unwell feelings are of more concern. Are you able to ring 111 for advice? (If you're in the UK, otherwise get medical advice urgently.)

Lucylockets

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m on metformin and insulin abasaglar and humalog. I had my readings under 10 and just over a week or so ago they have gone out of control. I feel awful sore head and dizzy turns. I plan to call for a gp appointment tomorrow morning.