Questions

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So I’m on day two of trulicity. Seems ok but I am noticing some side effects (assuming they are anyway)
My sugars have been great today, can’t be good that quick surely. I think it could be my day 3 of time of month as they always drop like lead balloon. Today I woke up in 6.3 (my first 6 since I stopped forxiga) and even eating dark choc because I felt lousy and sugars were at 4.6 and I needed to drive I haven’t gone higher than 6.8 all day (meds can’t be that miraculous so must be my day 3!!)

During today I’ve felt sick but they coincided with my low sugars. Eased off once I ate.
But tonight my sugars before I drove home we’re 6. Something and I felt icky. Really queasy. Then started to get bit of repeating and bit of acid.
I think acid reflux is a side effect.

Is there anyway if treating acid reflux (I’m assuming if you feel like it’s coming up into throat when you burp or not burp it’s reflux?)

and if it is side effects will it wear off? Am I stick with it forever while I’m on these meds?
Do they last a bit while body adjusts then disappears?

sorry for all the questions but I’m dreading side effects after my last lot.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Sometimes when we have a sudden drop in carbs after diagnosis we suffer carb 'flu' due to the 'shock' on the body. This effect always fades. Acid reflux isn't normally associated with diabetes. Typical treatment is with things like Gaviscon from the chemist but if more serious the GP may prescribe something like Omeprazole which my wife is prescribed for her acid reflux and which works well.

mouseee

Acid reflux can wake me up at night - there's a certain type of cough that goes with it so I wake my self up or get woken up by the husband who also suffers!
Gaviscon works well as a pretty instant settler. Omeprazole is really effective for me, but since diet change and weight loss I get far fewer nights suffering.