Not happy sugar is being promoted in our junior school in a morbibly obese area.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Meat Free Monday’s @Jim Lahey

34BCE17A-8812-4970-8A3F-DFA1802C135B.jpeg

They send home the school dinner menu. From our side of things what my child actually has doesn’t seem to match the menu.

83132834-EC4C-477D-95ED-27D67E57673F.jpeg

Notice the reference to food miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinredbreast

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve relocated back to Scotland after living down south all my adult life. I am horrified to see school kids leaving at lunch time and hitting the shops for sugary snacks, chips and burgers. Last week I saw a young boy walking home eating a pack of iced donuts. Have we taught these kids nothing
I may sound officious but I think the starting Point should Be Have the Teachers & Governors Learnt Nothing. The money for free School meals should be ring fenced (\\\\minimum amount for each child which cant be reduced.) in the Schools Budget or in theses days of Budget cuts the temptation for the governors will be to reduce the amount to spend on other things Those of you who have the chance should as your local candidate what they think this amount be and then compare their answer with what you spend on your childs lunch