How to reverse Type 2 diabetes

tutu1990

Reversing diabetes is a term used to describe interventions that reduce dependency on type 2 diabetes medications, effectively reversing the progression of the illness. With time and dedication, type 2 diabetes can be reversed and the results can be very rewarding with less tiredness and better all-round health. Loss of body weight can be particularly beneficial in helping to reverse the progression of diabetes. In some cases, people may find they are able to come off medication, although blood sugar levels should be checked regularly as reversing the progression of diabetes is not a cure

Reactions: kokhongw

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome to the forum @tutu1990

Are you a type 2 diabetic yourself ?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reversing diabetes is a term used to describe interventions that reduce dependency on type 2 diabetes medications, effectively reversing the progression of the illness. With time and dedication, type 2 diabetes can be reversed and the results can be very rewarding with less tiredness and better all-round health. Loss of body weight can be particularly beneficial in helping to reverse the progression of diabetes. In some cases, people may find they are able to come off medication, although blood sugar levels should be checked regularly as reversing the progression of diabetes is not a cure

Hi there, what is your background? I stand to be corrected but I suspect practically everybody on this site knows this because they are the living proof. With no context I'm afraid you sound a bit preachy.

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
Yeah, that's just copy-pasted from a different website. :facepalm:

Reactions: KK123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @tutu1990

Could you please provide the source of your text?
It looks as though you have copied and pasted this from another information source, and unless you have their permission, or provide references, you are plagiarising them.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D

Deleted member 308541

so not really significant which suggests this is undergrad workings for their thesis.
I hope it is not the OP doing a copy and paste of someone elses' work, what's it called, oh yeah "plagarism".

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The copy n paste statement doesn't match the thread title.... this just doesn't make much sense.

gillytee31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I see tutu1990 has not actually said he has type 2diabetes so why has he or she bothered posting on here. We are not here to be preached at but to share our experience and encourage one another

Reactions: jjraak and KK123

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see tutu1990 has not actually said he has type 2diabetes so why has he or she bothered posting on here. We are not here to be preached at but to share our experience and encourage one another
The quoted magazine article and the username would seem to suggest that the poster is from the African continent. It may be simply that they are unsure of how this forum works.

It may be that they are wanting to share one of the articles on that site as being pertinent to them, since it seems to not fit the normal preacher message format/ Or it is someone promoting another source of information for us to study. I have no problem with this OP except that it could have had more explanation rather than just a link. As one who is also guilty from time to time of doing the same, I sympathise.

Edit to add: One caveat I give is that the level of research seems to be at the undergraduate level so should be ranked as such until we know more info.

Last edited:

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Reactions: jjraak

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just noticed that this thread has over 1600 view's and realized that the title must be like a magnet to to people searching for ways to control their blood sugar. So here's a few links I hope will help
https://www.dietdoctor.com/diabetes
https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/
https://www.bloodsugar101.com/
https://livinlavidalowcarb.com/
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/
I take it you are a Low Carber? There are other pathways that can also lead to the technicolour dreamcoat from Nirvana. As the OP clearly states, there are ways to reverse the EFFECTS of T2D, but the debate now is whether a permanent solution other than bariatric surgery is possible today, or what may come in the future auch as stem cell pancreas renewal.

Reactions: jjraak

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Further research shows that Longdom is an open access journal publisher and the article posted is their diabetes and metabolism journal. They are similar to Elsevier but not as well known here in the UK. The material is from global sources, and not necessarily fully identified.

Looking deeper into their activities it does seem to be a bona fide source of scientific material related to the medical and pharmaceutical fields. The caveat is that because of the open access nature of the publishing, there is not necessarily proper peer review oversight on anything published, so does not constiture a primary source of information as one would be assured of when using ths PubMed ot Cochrane archives say,

Notwithstanding

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being fit & healthy
If you want to reverse your diabetes follow the Michael Mosely 800 cal, no carb. diet. Simple as that. Do it, you have nothing to lose & everything to gain - but do it properly.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want to reverse your diabetes follow the Michael Mosely 800 cal, no carb. diet. Simple as that. Do it, you have nothing to lose & everything to gain - but do it properly.
Many people have 'reversed' their diabetes by less rigourous means. For some it's enough to just slightly reduce their carb intake.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are some medical conditions for which this advice could present as being harmful, and although this is considered to be one valid way of getting to reversal, it is not for everyone. Please use more caution when recomending particular diet plans without also advising informing GP and relevant HCP's since medication may need to be reduced and withdrawn. The diet you are suggesting here can induce hypos and so the person starting such a restricted diet needs to be hypo trained and preferably hypo aware.

Reactions: liza_h