My geeky spreadsheet :)

hails

Hey guys

Just wanted to share this with you all.

I struggled with my levels as I am constantly being put on different medication for other medical problems and so started a spreadsheet. As I work in an office this is easy to maintain but I guess you can get such things for your smartphone.

So it looks a bit like this

date...... BG..... what i ate..... how much i injected.... notes
22.8.11 10am 6.2 a scabby matress 8 units lowered insulin as going to gym

Well put it this way my levels are farrrrrrrr better! I try and do it every day (takes seconds) and it means I can search for foods and how much I injected and then I have a good idea if its too much or too little. Similar to how your would carb count but without having to keep reading the back of packets!

I dont know if this would help many people but it does me. It gives me more of an idea of what to inject what for certain foods and also I have a huge list of levels to analyse if everything goes a bit pete tong. My diabete nurses LOVE IT as they can see exactly what is going on day by day and they can see trends where I go a bit of track.

Like I said I work in an office so it is easy for me to pop on my spreadsheet and input the data but it takes seconds and is such an easy way of managing everything

H xxx

Tumble

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Negativity
I do the same! I also highlight mine so it's easier to see trends. Green for good, red for a hypo and orange when I'm too high. So easy to see where I am going wrong. It also helps be find a daily, weekly and monthly average (I know my monitor does this but it keep me more focused if I do it myself).

hails

haha me too!

Yes see the monitor only gives my BG so I dont know what I ate, if I exercised, if I had a hypo in between and what I ate to correct it blah blah!

Ricey

Hahaha I've started to do one of these myself in Excel. Right now it's only like a trial. So far I only record the dates, times and BS readings with a comments section. Also, I have a cell which calculates an average of my last 90 days worth of data

Ricey

I do both! I check my sugars about 5-10 times a day since I started my spreadsheet.
Glad to see that I'm not the only one doing spreadsheets though. I've started making graphs forcertain parts of the day. I've noticed that my sugars are a little high at lunchtimes because of these graphs.

yucww210

Well done ,Yes,Sounds v.useful ... my son likes numbers and geeky stuff so perhaps he'll follow suit :)
43.gif