Bubbles in flexi link

kimlouise1502_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Accu-Chek combo pump for the last year and recently having a lot of bubbles in the flexi link. When I check my bloods and they are high I have to stop pump then do a infusion and as this is going though the flexi lines you can see bubbles coming though the flexi line. It happens a day or two after I have changed everything. I ensure no bubbles when priming with the cartridge upright, I also pull the the plunger back and forth a couple of times before attaching to the insulin bottle. The diabetic nurses have asked to make sure I don't put my insulin bottle near any radiators which I don't Can anyone give me some advise as I believe I am doing this correctly..

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Kimiouise 1502
hi this is a problem i have had for a long time.
as i am a very long time user on insulin for 62 years , i started on no 5 pump Acc-chek spirit on wed this week
these are check point s when you read this look at your cartridge and see if you have any bubbles in by turning upside down
when you join the lines ie needle and line be very carefull on the twisting make sure they are level
also take insulin out of fridge 2 hours before does help with bubbles
when drawing up insulin make sure you have a good light in the back ground so you can see bubbles i purge the 25 mil s
and some more if needed
and another safe way is pump in vertical position and if you look any air bubbles will go to the top and as the cartridge reduces in insulin the air bubbles if any keep to the top and not go down the line
IE I HAD A PROBLEM WHEN starting new pump b/s 7.5 within 2 hours 19.5 b/s so gave a bolus of 4 did not work
s syringe shot of 2 unit and then crashed to 3.5 at 1.30 in morn glucose to the rescue i now us e LIFF glucose tablets chew and you can soon crush them up to swallow or 3 teaspoons of sugar in warm water are fast acting
been on same type of pump for 12 years hope this is some small help vic
so if possible purge 1/2 times no air in line
also when drawing insulin up push into the bottle any air you see go in small fill up

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As @Vic mentions plus I also used to check my Combo daily for bubbles and re-prime if needed.

Helen46

I always keep my pump "upside down" in a pocket so that any bubbles that generate in the cartridge after priming end up at the bottom of the pump so do not get to the tubing. My pump has an alarm..."insulin blocked" and I have virtually eliminated this alarm with this strategy. Helen

Reactions: Chas C